SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Page 49 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ihaveaproblem -  The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing  - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 49 Empty Re: The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by sanlee088 Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:18 pm

california90 wrote:Not gonna lie.. if Britt was the 'ette, I don't think TPTB would have given her a "role". It must have came down to the voting of the guys and TPTB still wanted Britt so they gave her a "role".

I feel the same way. Oh well, I'm excited that Kaitlyn is the official Bachelorette though! Britt will probably help Kait in some way...just not sure how. It's interesting at least.
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

ihaveaproblem -  The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing  - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 49 Empty Re: The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by california90 Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:19 pm

soccermom333 wrote:I am curious about her role too.  Why keep her?  This is a little weird.  I wonder if Britt will be around for awhile?  The only reason kaitlin has to be a little mad is it takes away from her and "her story."  

That could be fun for about half the season- weed out the bachelors!

But I think Kaitlyn would be mad if Britt essentially took over.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:22 pm

california90 wrote:Not gonna lie.. if Britt was the 'ette, I don't think TPTB would have given her a "role". It must have came down to the voting of the guys and TPTB still wanted Britt so they gave her a "role".

I tend to think production wanted Britt, but knew Kaitlyn had the larger fan base and all of the previous leads and many of the former contestants were backing her completely, so simply, I think production knew it had to be Kaitlyn and was going to make it Kaitlyn regardless. By giving Britt another role, productions gets what they want too and it adds even more drama.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:22 pm

Britt can console the guys who have hissy fits because they thought they deserved the GDR. "That happened to me on Chris' season too....." giggling

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by sanlee088 Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:22 pm

Ash2214 wrote:

I tend to think production wanted Britt, but knew Kaitlyn had the larger fan base and all of the previous leads and many of the former contestants were backing her completely, so simply, I think production knew it had to be Kaitlyn and was going to make it Kaitlyn regardless. By giving Britt another role, productions gets what they want too and it adds even more drama.

This sounds logical enough to me. yes
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:24 pm

Ash2214 wrote:

Great point Ash! Makes sense. I just hope Britt does not become the "temptation," and weird things start to happen! What am I thinking?? Of course it will get weird with TPTB! ihaveaproblem -  The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing  - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 49 3806527698 cantstopl
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:24 pm

So Kaitlyn is the 'ette but Britt gets to take up screen time? They should have just given both girls 13 guys and called it a season.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:38 pm

mindless wrote:
sanlee088 wrote:Yay for Kaitlyn! I think if it was the other way around Kaitlyn would not have wanted to still be a part of it like Britt wants to. JMO

Haha, so true! Though I don't think they have much of a choice but to do what the producers tell them to. I can just imagine Britt jumping at the chance for more air time. The producers really want her around, eh? Maybe it'll be like Temptation Island with Britt as the temptation? giggling

But yay for Kaitlyn!

cantstopl  To the bolded

Actually, I think that is a great thing.  
If a guy flirts with Britt then he isn't worth Kaitlyn's time because he is either more interested in Britt, is a "player", or is naturally flirtatious which some women don't  like in a man.  I think it could be a great way to cull the herd and gives "the power" back to the women. Kaitlyn might really be interested in someone early on however we know alone time is minimal so letting him go isn't all that critical. Unfortunate but for the best.

IMO I can see this working out as a collaboration rather than a competition.  The drama can come from the guys.  Britt fans have pointed out Britt's many bible verses on SM.  We will get to see her faith in action - there to assist "a friend" rather than to sabotage. If so, I might like Britt by the end of it all.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:42 pm

Ash2214 wrote:

Oh I completely agree.

There was no way they couldn't give it to Britt after #TeamKaitlyn trending higher on Twitter, former contestants outspoken about how much they wanted Kaitlyn, along with a lot of celebrities who watch the show voicing their opinions for #TeamKaitlyn. Although I think people will still watch regardless, Kaitlyn's larger fanbase won't be as excited. While Britt played a large role on Chris's season, Kaitlyn went farther and showed more personality (and had the opportunity to do so) that people relate to. She is the one they are rooting for, not Britt. Even on here, there are Britt fans, but if you were poll, it's still 2/3 Kaitlyn to Britt.

Someone just really loves Britt and can't let her go so they'll do anything to keep her. If she was the 'ette, no one would have extended that "role" for Kaitlyn, IMO.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:42 pm

I personally think production knew what they were going to do once Kaitlyn's popularity grew. I also don't think the guys ever had a legitimate chance at voting. I wouldn't be surprised if we see on the first episode just how close the "voting" was for the two ladies and because it was so close they're going to keep both of them on. Kaitlyn will technically be the bachelorette and I wouldn't be surprised if perhaps they keep Britt on and maybe if Kaitlyn lets go some of the guys each week that "voted" for Britt to be the bachelorette maybe they will get a chance with Britt. I just don't see any other logical way they can keep Britt on. It's not like Britt will be there to give Kaitlyn advice or anything.

Overall, I think this setup makes everyone involved with the show and most viewers fairly happy.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:49 pm

:happydance: I didn't know what I was going to do if my Monday evenings if it was Britt!!
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:56 pm

northernviewer wrote:I would put modelling pics in a different category than party pics - absolutely.  Apples and oranges IMO

Eta - don't get me wrong it's not that I dislike Kaitlyn, I'm just pointing out that's she's no paragon of virtue. Britt has been painted as lower than low, when in reality there's more more reasons for Kaitlyn to not be bachette material

I don't think most people would expect anyone appearing on this show to be a paragon of virtue.

Just because people don't like Britt for her over the top fake behaviour, does not mean that they think that she is lower than low. She didn't kill anyone as far as I know. She doesn't torture children or animals. She is definitely not my cup of tea and I don't want to see her on my screen as the next Bette. Period. End of story.

I never for a moment thought Kaitlyn was serious about moving to Arlington or was that serious about Chris...but I though the same about Britt and pretty much everyone else other than Whitney. I can't get worked up about that any season or we'd never have a show any more. I guess why I prefer one to the other is that Kaitlyn seems to have more of a personality...a real personality vs. what I interpret is Britt's TV persona with lots of tears, make up and hair fixing. I never saw a sense of humour from Britt. Never heard anything witty or smart aleck come out of her mouth. What I did see however, is someone emoting for the cameras and trying to impose her importance over everyone else. I guess I prefer real imperfection over a fake paragon of virtue. JMO

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

+104
Longhornfan
alwaystulips
ironcat
mprssdbyu
Monalisamiami83