SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Page 51 of 81 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 66 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 51 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by luvlady345 Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:18 pm

Yup, reminding me of Ali/Roberto where Roberto was touted as a man who just wanted a wife and a family years later he still doesn't have that... Ali was in it for fame, but she seems to have a good relationship and a career.... I hope that Andi ends up like Ali with a great career that she always wanted and a good man...

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 51 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by emusha Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:23 pm

yup -- andi has problems with taking ownership for her faults and flaws... she wants to believe in this perfect view about herself and to avoid her vulnerabilities at all costs. I think that's extremely immature esp if you want to be in a real intimate relationship with someone where you come as imperfect as you are and you build each other up and hold each other accountable to growing together...

I think Josh is a very very giving and generous person in his family life and what he means by different people points to how his values are and how andi is very meandi and thus not aligned with how he sees things and makes decisions about how to live his life...

Andi def needs to get out of her own way and face her own flaws to really grow and have some solid self-insight
wish both of them the best
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:33 pm

I think she'd be a good fit in Ali's type of job, but Ali had been doing small local stuff and other TV gigs before she landed on E!

fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 51 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:33 pm

luvlady345 wrote:Yup, reminding me of Ali/Roberto where Roberto was touted as a man who just wanted a wife and a family years later he still doesn't have that... Ali was in it for fame, but she seems to have a good relationship and a career....  I hope that Andi ends up like Ali with a great career that she always wanted and a good man...
luvlady345 wrote:Yup, reminding me of Ali/Roberto where Roberto was touted as a man who just wanted a wife and a family years later he still doesn't have that... Ali was in it for fame, but she seems to have a good relationship and a career....  I hope that Andi ends up like Ali with a great career that she always wanted and a good man...

I don't know what happened in Ali and Roberto's relationship but Josh is not Roberto, so I'm not going to compare the two. I do strongly believe that Josh wants to get married and have chlldren soon, but he is known to be very picky and he might not find that person right away. That doesn't mean he doesn't want to.  You can't force love, and if he hopes for the next one to last a lifetime he needs to be patient and wait for the right woman to come along.

As for Ali, she seemed to make it clear all along that she wanted a career in entertainment. Andi stated on the show that she wanted to find a husband and start a family, but hoped to have a career (in law at the time) as well.  Very different situations in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:44 pm

Ali denied vehemently that she was going into the show for her career
the way she would manipulate the public perception giving halve truths and denying things that tarnish her image and straight out lying is the reason i went from being a fan to not
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:49 pm

Laudergirl wrote:

I don't know what happened in Ali and Roberto's relationship but Josh is not Roberto, so I'm not going to compare the two. I do strongly believe that Josh wants to get married and have chlldren soon, but he is known to be very picky and he might not find that person right away. That doesn't mean he doesn't want to.  You can't force love, and if he hopes for the next one to last a lifetime he needs to be patient and wait for the right woman to come along.

As for Ali, she seemed to make it clear all along that she wanted a career in entertainment. Andi stated on the show that she wanted to find a husband and start a family, but hoped to have a career (in law at the time) as well.  Very different situations in my opinion.

Totally Agree Again :  You can not compare the two relationships Ali worked hard to get to where she is . MeAndi wants things handed to her on a silver platter.  Ali was still loved by many even after the relationship did not work out. MeAdndi might have the IGs numbers but most people just want her to go away. Just read the comments in the articles that have come out lately.

Josh and Roberto are both strong independent men with great hearts . Just because Roberto has not had children does not mean he does not want them. I am sure when both of these great men find their true loves they will have a family and be with their true soulmates.

IMO Andi has no idea what true love is but the love of herself.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:55 pm

We can agree to disagree on how Ali went about things and how Andi did. Ali had no experience doing tv before the show then started getting spots in locsal tv etc she got that after she hired a talent agency when she got off thebette -- she even had her "best friend" set up as a manager going into the bette -- she wasn't actually "good" on tv at first but then she learnt on the job and started going after different opportunities -- Andi is on a route not very different

of course these are different people -- just making the point that the trajectories are starting to look very familiar.
a young woman interested in carving an entertainment career but going into the bette relationship giving a different impression about what she wants in her career. i def think both of them were infatuated with their guys and the "fairytale idea" of their guys but needed some more growth to realize what they truly wanted... Ali was also pretty young while on the show.

This is JMHO
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:09 pm

This is Andi's thread so lets keep the discussion on her and not get sidetracked.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15495

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:03 am

simply trying to discuss the route andi is on in comparison to other bachelorettes before her...will try to keep it only-andi focused if that's what makes sense for this thread yes
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:34 am

It's fine to mention Ali and what's she's done with her career as it pertains to Andi's potential -path but it was getting more about Ali & Roberto which should be in another thread.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15495

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:41 am

Just to clarify for all reading the above -- All of it was discussed in light of Andi's career path because there are parallels every step of the way as discussed above ^.
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:50 am

If she is indeed filming a reality TV show, it would make sense that she said in the People interview that she wants a man who would want do the same career that she does. If one person wants to be on tv, and the other doesn't, it would pose a stress to any relationship.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 81 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 66 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

+76
Rogers24
Cdrogers
Idlemess
metalgirl
lipsis