SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Page 55 of 70 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 62 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

nomnomnom - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 55 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2015 6:32 pm

I've never heard the term "hate watching" for entertainment but it just plain makes me sad. Josh no doubt is a competitor as most athletes are but on the show I remember him saying that he was not discussing his dates with Andi with the other guys in the house & didn't want to hear about the dates she went on with the other guys. The only time I remember seeing him be competitive was during the basketball game which was a sporting event. I think they were all there to "win" Andi over. Josh also seemed incredibly humble and unsure of where things stood with Andi as she continually expressed to him that she had bad experiences with his type. I believe stereotyping someone who is good looking, gregarious & athletic as Josh is the easy thing to do. He showed loyalty, kindness ,warmth & tenderness. He seems to be the same person through the the show and from his posts he continues to love God, family & friends and does more charity work than I have ever done. Not sure why some would make a sport of hating him?

Back to top Go down

nomnomnom - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 55 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 01, 2015 6:56 pm

I can't wrap my brain around "hate watching". There are too many things in life I still want to do and probably not enough time to do it all. 
I do think he has remained constant in the person he is now compared to who he was on the show, with the exception of being that much closer to knowing what he does want in a  mate.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Fri May 01, 2015 9:25 pm

"Hate watching" doesn't mean you actually hate watching the show (at least in the reality TV sense and for me).  I just means I like watching the show sometimes to make fun of the lead and enjoying the "trainwreck" aspects of the show.  Like, I disliked both Jake and Jason when they were on "The Bachelorette", but because their "Bachelor" seasons had great trainwreck moments, I ended up enjoying both.    

I hope that makes sense.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 01, 2015 10:02 pm

This is what urban dictionary said: 
When the pleasure you get watching something on TV comes from your hatred of it.
link

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Fri May 01, 2015 10:25 pm

The link's "Toddlers and Tiaras" example is a good one for what I meant. Like, you watch for the "trainwreck" part, even if you don't like the "characters".

To get this back on Josh -- what I was trying to say is that I didn't particular like his personality on "The Bachelorette", haven't particularly thought highly of him based on what I've read of him since, but I would still watch a season of him if he's cast because I think it would make good TV. I just wouldn't necessarily be rooting for him to find love.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 01, 2015 10:28 pm

Yeah, I get what you mean. 
I don't watch the show for a love connection. I find it entertaining on other levels. 
I still hope he takes a pass on the show.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri May 01, 2015 11:18 pm

I don't care so much if the show ends in a real love story but I don't want Josh. He just doesn't interest me in any way plus I'm sure they have better choices from Kaitlyn's season.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15494

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Fri May 01, 2015 11:40 pm

albean99 wrote:I don't care so much if the show ends in a real love story but I don't want Josh. He just doesn't interest me in any way plus I'm sure they have better choices from Kaitlyn's season.

Saying No to Josh, too. He may be a great guy in real life, but I found him to be uninteresting.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2015 11:44 pm

julychild wrote:
albean99 wrote:I don't care so much if the show ends in a real love story but I don't want Josh. He just doesn't interest me in any way plus I'm sure they have better choices from Kaitlyn's season.

Saying No to Josh, too. He may be a great guy in real life, but I found him to be uninteresting.

Yes. Hoping Kaitlyn has an undeniable future lead who becomes a fan fav in her guys. A Josh season would be such a bummer to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 02, 2015 12:44 am

All of my girlfriends and I are rooting for Josh to be the next Bachelor. Not only is he great to look at, he was great when he forgot the words to the Boys 2 Men song but kept singing. We loved him playing ball with the kids in the Dominican and loved his confrontation with the guy he felt was disrespecting Andi by getting the phone number of a waitress and bragging about it. He was great doing the strip tease as well. We found him the most entertaining from that season. All the guys seemed to like him and of course the lead liked him too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 02, 2015 2:23 am

I want to add my vote of "no" to Josh as bach. He doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sat May 02, 2015 4:38 am

kimberlyg wrote:The link's "Toddlers and Tiaras" example is a good one for what I meant.  Like, you watch for the "trainwreck" part, even if you don't like the "characters".

To get this back on Josh -- what I was trying to say is that I didn't particular like his personality on "The Bachelorette", haven't particularly thought highly of him based on what I've read of him since, but I would still watch a season of him if he's cast because I think it would make good TV.  I just wouldn't necessarily be rooting for him to find love.

Yeah, I pretty much watch TB for the trainwreck. I haven't invested in any of the leads for a love story since Des's season (basically JPab, Andi, Chris, also K's).

Anyways, I guess I'm not super opposed to Josh yet- I think I might like someone better on K's season. Gotta watch that first. If none of those guys are my cup of tea, Josh might be OK. He has the jock storyline. Idk- I'm all about storylines and big personalities for leads. Chris's storyline would have been great but he hardly said a darn word. At least Josh will talk, laugh out loud.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 70 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 62 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

+79
Beagle
chloep
Stacia620
officeRules
Bet2Win