SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 6 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 43 of 52 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 47 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chrissoules - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 6 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 43 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 6 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:15 am

kikora wrote:
albean99 wrote:Carly pouring and then the girls toasting Kelsey being gone was my favorite part of the night.  giggling  I'll add a toast to Ashley I being gone also. 

I liked Becca a lot tonight. I could see her being in the running for lead assuming she's not the f1 but not sure how being a virgin might impact things.

The early part of the GD was fine until it was all Britt. What they should have done is had him give her the rose and then take her to the concert like many GD roses before. This seemed designed to torment the others. 

Carly gets a lot of screen time, Kaitlyn also. I like both of them. Yet another week they didn't show Chris with Whitney. Another deleted scene?

But after the '[born again] Virgin Bachelor' would it really be seen as such an obstacle do you think?

Sean's season was so popular and he made it clear he wasn't going to have sex (again) before marriage - and also made his faith very well known.

In fact, if anything, Sean was exceedingly outspoken about both, and we were reminded of both many weeks on Emily's season. And then again of course through all the build up to his season and throughout his season.

I actually think after the success of Sean's season they might JUMP on trying to get Becca to do it, because if anything it seemed to not only get a whole lot of publicity and press attention, but they had a guy that wasn't going to do exactly what Chris has done this season and just make-out the entire time, etc. and who was really thinking longer term / actual relationship, not just seeing how many girls he could kiss like Chris and drinking his way through the season.

Not to say all of the other names mentioned as possible Ettes wouldn't take it seriously, but I think TPTB might realize two seasons in a row of all physical / drinking / drama focused might not be a good thing, unless they want to kill the series. And several of the others mentioned are likely to take it that direction.

So between the success they saw with Sean's season, despite him being very outspoken on his beliefs and convictions, and the need to have another love-story that isn't completely overshadowed by the nonsense like this season has become, I think Becca could be near the top of TPTB's list because her approach would be different. IMO.
:claphands :claphands :claphands

Back to top Go down

chrissoules - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 6 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 43 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 6 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:52 am

KB_Mom wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:In the preview they have what sounds like her saying I can't live in this town in what looks like pics of Arlington. Also Ashley called Chris out tonight when Chris said his lifestyle wasn't for her, she said and you think it is for Britt. So the seed. Was planted.

I do think from the preview that Brit's excuse to bail is going to be that she can't see herself in Arlington.
My sources came through again! 
Arlington happens to be the new location for a Proctor/Gamble plant. The thought of the proximity of all that soap and shampoo is too much for Britt.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:01 am

I don't think they care about having a love story that lasts. They want an exciting, drama filled, highly rated season. I just can't see that with Becca, she seems so normal and wouldn't bring in what they're used to - she's no drama. Especially taking into account that the Bachelorette doesn't so as well as The Bachelor ratings wise. I think they're going with Britt. She will have a dramatic exit and a stellar WTA segment and we'll forget about her no showering ways laugh out loud.

All the talk on the declining numbers makes me wonder what was the highest rated season in recent years? I know Juan Pablo did well, but what's their gold standard as far as numbers are concerned? Feels like since Emily's season, people are just over the show and concept.

chrissoules - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 6 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 43 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:40 am

Kashathediva wrote:
KB_Mom wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:In the preview they have what sounds like her saying I can't live in this town in what looks like pics of Arlington. Also Ashley called Chris out tonight when Chris said his lifestyle wasn't for her, she said and you think it is for Britt. So the seed. Was planted.

I do think from the preview that Brit's excuse to bail is going to be that she can't see herself in Arlington.
My sources came through again! 
Arlington happens to be the new location for a Proctor/Gamble plant. The thought of the proximity of all that soap and shampoo is too much for Britt.

spitcoffee spitcoffee spitcoffee spitcoffee spitcoffee

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:13 pm

bleuberry wrote:I don't think they care about having a love story that lasts. They want an exciting, drama filled, highly rated season. I just can't see that with Becca, she seems so normal and wouldn't bring in what they're used to - she's no drama. Especially taking into account that the Bachelorette doesn't so as well as The Bachelor ratings wise. I think they're going with Britt. She will have a dramatic exit and a stellar WTA segment and we'll forget about her no showering ways laugh out loud.

All the talk on the declining numbers makes me wonder what was the highest rated season in recent years? I know Juan Pablo did well, but what's their gold standard as far as numbers are concerned? Feels like since Emily's season, people are just over the show and concept.

This has the ratings. Running to real job, laugh out loud, so didn't sort or match to Leads!
http://www.spottedratings.com/2010/08/war-of-18-49-bachelorbachelorette.html
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyNor Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:31 pm

jlccaz wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I don't think they care about having a love story that lasts. They want an exciting, drama filled, highly rated season. I just can't see that with Becca, she seems so normal and wouldn't bring in what they're used to - she's no drama. Especially taking into account that the Bachelorette doesn't so as well as The Bachelor ratings wise. I think they're going with Britt. She will have a dramatic exit and a stellar WTA segment and we'll forget about her no showering ways laugh out loud.

This has the ratings.  Running to real job, laugh out loud, so didn't sort or match to Leads!
This is interesting, thanx.

Ouch! at Des and Andi season ratings. So Sean season in recent years is one that actually grew from the previous year and beat the following year Bachelor ratings. With Chris season it will rate less than JPG season ratings. His highest so far is 2.5.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:36 pm

And that in a nutshell is one reason that viewers/past fans are referring to the season as "ho" hum.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:54 pm

jlccaz wrote:

This has the ratings.  Running to real job, laugh out loud, so didn't sort or match to Leads!

Thanks!! Smiley

chrissoules - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 6 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 43 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Kashathediva wrote:And that in a nutshell is one reason that viewers/past fans are referring to the season as "ho" hum.

cantstopl

chrissoules - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 6 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 43 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:04 pm

Ash2214 wrote:^ I was just going to say that tonight was the first full episode I have watched all season. I wanted to watch the 2-on-1 because I've been laughing for weeks every time I see Kelsey saying "I know what you did" in previews whenever I have on ABC laugh out loud I haven't really seen any of Chris' interactions with the girls until tonight and even though I know the spoilers, I was like dang, this must suck for Whitney.

I know in every season there's always another person the lead seems to be really into besides the F1, but holy crap, Chris legitimately seemed into Britt more than any other girl. I wish the girls gave Chris some attitude about it and how it all went down. Not really Britt's fault as he did seem to genuinely really like her. Crazy to think where she could have ended up if she didn't leave on her own. I would say at least the top 3.

Chris just does absolutely nothing for me, so that's why I haven't really watched. Boringville, USA for me. He can barely have a conversation it seems, but I did like him with Becca. I almost spit out my tea when I saw the preview for next week when Whitney tells him she loves him. Yikes, too early for that.  

Ash, welcome to my party. He is a bore and he bores me to tears. I don't understand why any of them actually want him. I also know why we never saw him on Andi's season, he probably never said or did anything interesting.

MiaHawk wrote:CS has kissed a bunch, but I don't think he is being douchey.  Yes, the others were jealous and it was a bit awkward when CS and Britt hugged and kissed in front of them, but it was a few pecks not a full on makeout session, from what I saw.

CS actually did an ok job letting both Ashley I and Kelsey go home.  He couldn't get away from Kelsey fast enough!

Glad that Ashley threw Britt under the bus. Foreshadowing.

CS should have told tptb that he wanted to give out the gd rose then go to concert. Having the others sit there for an hour was cruel and unneccessary. He should have been most thoughtful of their feeling.

Mia this is why I think CS is a douche. Last week when he went and got Britt for the date, he was so excited that he was rude to Carly, then this week he is rude again. I am sick of TPTB made him do it excuse. He really could have said, nope let me give Britt the rose and go to the concert and not make the other women wait around wondering.

As for waiting being part of the show, yes it really is, but also they usually know where the bachelor is while they are waiting. They had no clue this time.

Also in his blog he shifts the blame to Britt, it was okay for him to do that and he had no idea that Britt would tell them he took her to the concert. That makes him a bigger a** to me. You took Britt and had a great time, own up to and stop blaming her. What was she supposed to do sit there and say nothing while the other girls questioned her?

I don't like Britt, but I lost a lot of respect for Chris when he was at least an equal part and throws her under the bus.

Also, I just don't admire someone whose main excuse is TPTB made me do it. Have some integrity. This episode makes me wish all the F3 had dumped him.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:20 pm

Deleted scenes:

Becca and Chris Have a Picnic

Becca's Horse Gets Out of Control

Big & Rich Start a Hoedown

The Kelsey Conversation Continues

chrissoules - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 6 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 43 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:33 pm

I am not qualified medically to say whether Kelsey fainted, but having lived with (medically diagnosed) panic attacks for over 15 years, what Kelsey described was definitely not a panic attack. It's a pet peeve of mine when people describe anxiety reactions as "panic attacks." They are so frightening that the dread of having one can cause me to have a panic attack. It's a real disorder and they even have support groups for people with panic disorder.

Had to get that off my chest. Now I will climb down from my :soapbox

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 52 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 47 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 6 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+61
MVMom39forever
StacyNor
Ash2214
kikora
Mustang19