SELECT CONTENT

Des & Chris Siegfried - Wedding - Fan Forum - Discussion #2

Page 67 of 79 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HappySunday - Des & Chris Siegfried - Wedding - Fan Forum - Discussion #2 - Page 67 Empty Re: Des & Chris Siegfried - Wedding - Fan Forum - Discussion #2

Post by bleuberry Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:51 pm

Amberish wrote:

I'm talking about seeing the ceremony or segments on the Bachelor show. I still may be wrong, but I don't think so and still expect to see their wedding on TV ... or example, why else would the wedding be at that particular venue and in California of all places? And, why all the secrecy? What's preventing Molly and Jason from talking about the wedding, before and even now?

I'm pretty certain we won't see any of it on the Bachelor. The only cameras there were the guys she personally hired. Molly and Jason probably weren't talking about it because the issue had just came out when they recorded their podcast.

It was in California because Des had always said (since their finale) that they would get married there, I don't think a non televised wedding was going to change that. She talks about why they chose that venue in the link above.

The secrecy I think was to avoid the paps/leaks, who ended up there anyway and posted photos on PopSugar. They never formally announced their wedding date either.

HappySunday - Des & Chris Siegfried - Wedding - Fan Forum - Discussion #2 - Page 67 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

HappySunday - Des & Chris Siegfried - Wedding - Fan Forum - Discussion #2 - Page 67 Empty Re: Des & Chris Siegfried - Wedding - Fan Forum - Discussion #2

Post by bleuberry Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:00 pm

I think the Us Weekly deal means ABC was definitely not involved. But I'm not familiar with the legalities of this stuff.

HappySunday - Des & Chris Siegfried - Wedding - Fan Forum - Discussion #2 - Page 67 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:13 pm

US probably had exclusive rights and determined when things would be released, maybe the same for the videographer. Maybe they had guests sign waivers so they would not disclose any details. Also, I haven't seen one iota of advertising that part of the wedding would be shown on The Bachelor.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by BachfanNY Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:31 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:It looks like it was such a gorgeous wedding - I may not love her wedding dress by itself, but seeing all the elements together - absolutely wonderful. What amazing settings they selected.

Exactly I how feel. Dress selections aside, she looks so beautiful, Chris so handsome and the whole decor is dreamy. I'm so happy for them!! beatingheart
BachfanNY
BachfanNY

Female Posts : 1726

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:50 pm

Amberish wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
Amberish wrote:So we'll see the wedding or portions next Monday? I'm super busy, trying to catch up but can't figure it out. (Other than, Molly and Jason said they can't talk about the wedding until their next podcast.)

I don't think they've said exactly when, but their videographer is currently working on their wedding video (typically a 10-12 minute mashup of the entire day). I suppose it could be any day now.

I'm talking about seeing the ceremony or segments on the Bachelor show. I still may be wrong, but I don't think so and expect to see their wedding or portions of it on TV. For example, why else would the wedding be at that particular venue and in California of all places? And, why all the secrecy? What's preventing Molly and Jason from talking about the wedding, before and even now?

:yes: Amber, that's what I was thinking too, but I am not so sure after CH article. Let 's wait until next Monday.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Mustang19 wrote:US probably had exclusive rights and determined when things would be released, maybe the same for the videographer. Maybe they had guests sign waivers so they would not disclose any details. Also, I haven't seen one iota of advertising that part of the wedding would be shown on The Bachelor.

So Next/ABC sold it's rights to Us or is it that they gave it away to the couple? A destination six figure wedding? A bus picking up the guests all staying at the same hotel? Molly and Jason can't talk about the wedding until next week? Sounds like a Bachelor production to me ...

Although heavily advertised, including Sean participating with DWTS, Sean's wedding wasn't a draw. Maybe the network and Fleiss wants to show Bachelor weddings, but not as a separate show.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:11 pm

Amberish wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:US probably had exclusive rights and determined when things would be released, maybe the same for the videographer. Maybe they had guests sign waivers so they would not disclose any details. Also, I haven't seen one iota of advertising that part of the wedding would be shown on The Bachelor.

So Next/ABC sold it's rights to Us or is it that they gave it away to the couple? A destination six figure wedding? A bus picking up the guests all staying at the same hotel? Molly and Jason can't talk about the wedding until next week? Sounds like a Bachelor production to me ...

Although heavily advertised, including Sean participating with DWTS, Sean's wedding wasn't a draw. Maybe the network and Fleiss wants to show Bachelor weddings, but not as a separate show.

I know this has been discussed for many months, but just to recap, Des and Chris have always said they wanted a small and intimate wedding. They got what they wanted, and did everything the way they wanted including getting married in California because she lived there at one time. I think a lot of us realized there wouldn't be a tv wedding a long time ago, and that's fine. Keeping everything a secret is probably because of the US Weekly contract, and besides, they probably didn't want to dish out all the details.

This is what CH had to say after the wedding.

I want to start this week by saying congratulations to Desiree and Chris, who were married this Sunday down in beautiful southern California. For those of you who wanted this wedding to be televised, so did I. Unfortunately, it's not as easy as that. You don't get to just make a television show out of whatever you want, whenever you want. There is a lot that goes into doing any network show. We came very close to working out a deal for a special that would've included Chris and Des's wedding, but things just didn't work out in the end. I'm very sorry for that because as fans of the show, I understand that you want to see this journey come full circle. Most importantly, please know that this was not a sign of disrespect for Des and Chris at all by the Bachelor family. They are very much beloved by all of us and we are so thrilled they tied the knot this weekend. So to Des and Chris I say, "We love you, and congratulations on a beautiful life together."

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/chris-harrison-bachelor-blog-episode-3-011053330.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:22 pm

Maybe I'm out to lunch but I don't think it was a six figure wedding. There were 130 guests.

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:30 pm

Amberish wrote:

I would like this. Let the couple make their own plans, with a little financial help from the show, and let the show televise a small part during airing of the season of the bach/bachette. I don't know if they need a whole show for airing the wedding, sort of takes the romantic aspect out of it when TPTB have their hand in it and make it a side show like Sean/Cat consumation station. IMO
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:33 pm

I don't think it was close to 6 figures unless it was an inflated scale of things given to them at a much lower rate.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveGodTheMost Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:46 pm

Edited** Sean and Catherine's wedding has it's own thread. Please stick to topic. Thanks. Smiley
LoveGodTheMost
LoveGodTheMost

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:02 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I don't think it was close to 6 figures unless it was an inflated scale of things given to them at a much lower rate.

Agreed. I looked into it and the ceremony venue + reception venue + catering would've been in the $25K range.

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 79 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Des & Chris Siegfried - Wedding - Fan Forum - Discussion #2

+87
provenceguy
chloep
Trueloveforever
ivemaria31
ddsmom17