SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Page 6 of 45 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

wisdomwizard - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 6 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Post by FLChica Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:24 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Amberish wrote:I was trying to get a read by scanning posts, but can't tell, so my question is:

Is Nick still out there boiling the bunny or has he been able to suck it up and move on?

Since AFTR and the mandated media and the guest "not a blog" for Sean on August 7th, Nick has not posted or spoken about Andi or Josh.  Since then he went to Lollapalooza with JJ in Chicago, his uncle passed away, he has been live tweeting about BiP sometimes, he helped raise money by bartending and appearing for a 30 year old woman he had never met who has breast cancer, has been seen out and about in Chicago and Milwaukee and last weekend attended his sister's wedding.  He will be going to see Sam Smith when he comes to Chicago.

Overall, I would put it at Nick has moved on, but will leave that opinion for each person to make.
Thanks for posting a little summary of Nick's activities over the last 5 weeks or so.  It seems like he's back to his normal routine, living the life of an attractive, successful man in a major metropolitan city. He's dealt with the loss of a close family member, celebrated the wedding of another and helped better the life of a stranger battling cancer.  Sounds like a pretty good guy to me.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

wisdomwizard - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 6 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Post by Amberish Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:29 am

FLChica wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
Amberish wrote:I was trying to get a read by scanning posts, but can't tell, so my question is:

Is Nick still out there boiling the bunny or has he been able to suck it up and move on?

Since AFTR and the mandated media and the guest "not a blog" for Sean on August 7th, Nick has not posted or spoken about Andi or Josh.  Since then he went to Lollapalooza with JJ in Chicago, his uncle passed away, he has been live tweeting about BiP sometimes, he helped raise money by bartending and appearing for a 30 year old woman he had never met who has breast cancer, has been seen out and about in Chicago and Milwaukee and last weekend attended his sister's wedding.  He will be going to see Sam Smith when he comes to Chicago.

Overall, I would put it at Nick has moved on, but will leave that opinion for each person to make.
Thanks for posting a little summary of Nick's activities over the last 5 weeks or so.  It seems like he's back to his normal routine, living the life of an attractive, successful man in a major metropolitan city. He's dealt with the loss of a close family member, celebrated the wedding of another and helped better the life of a stranger battling cancer.  Sounds like a pretty good guy to me.

Doesn't sound like a normal routine to me; meaning, doesn't he work for a living?

No offence, but of course he should lend his notoriety to help someone in need, although, IMO, notoriety appearances aren't entirely selfless, especially when benefitting from image rehabilitation. (Not to suggest Nick isn't giving selflessly elsewhere and we just don't know.)

I finally had a moment to locate and read the letter he wrote to Andi, thought it was a good letter and a shame to have been overshadowed by what he said at ATFR and subsequent interviews.

Anyway, thanks for the update and good to learn he is no longer discussing Andi or Josh. There may be hope for the man.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:59 am

Nick is back at work and has been since he finished the media following ATFR. In addition today he tweeted that he was dropping Ray Rice from his fantasy football league after viewing the video of Rice beating his wife and that the NFL should do the same . I think Nick is doing just fine.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:16 am

isittrue wrote:Nick is back at work and has been since he finished the media following ATFR.  In addition today he tweeted that he was dropping Ray Rice from his fantasy football league after viewing the video of Rice beating his wife and that the NFL should do the same .  I think Nick is doing just fine.

I loved that & ITA with him. He also tweeted this. 

Nick Viall ‏

[ltr]@viallnicholas28[/ltr]

22m
Wes Welker gets 4 game suspension for taking adderall. Ray Rice gets two games for giving his girl a left hook. What?!?! #disturbing #NFL

I don't really think Nick has to worry about notoriety at this point, Amberish. It's not like the paparrazi are following him around. Andi's season is old news by now.   :Nod:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15498

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:33 am

Amberish wrote:
No offence, but of course he should lend his notoriety to help someone in need, although, IMO, notoriety appearances aren't entirely selfless, especially when benefitting from image rehabilitation. (Not to suggest Nick isn't giving selflessly elsewhere and we just don't know.)

Well from what I've read, he was a council member and volunteer for some church hunger ministry for 4 years way before he was on TV, and even during the season was airing he visited Camp Hometown Heroes. So it's not like he got involved in charity work just recently or to rehabilitate his image (what for?).
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:45 am

mindless wrote:
Amberish wrote:

Well from what I've read, he was a council member and volunteer for some church hunger ministry for 4 years way before he was on TV, and even during the season was airing he visited Camp Hometown Heroes. So it's not like he got involved in charity work just recently or to rehabilitate his image (what for?).

Good points, mindless.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:57 am

mindless wrote:
Amberish wrote:

Here's the source:
http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/tv/nick-viall-software-sales-executive-bachelorette-contestant/
Nick served as council member and volunteer for four years at the three Holy women Hunger Ministry Council. He is currently an account executive at Sales Force, before that he  was business account executive  at U.S Cellular and Orthopedic senior account  rep at  DeRoyal.
I believe the article came out in May.
Nick visited Camp Hometown Heroes in June, here's a photo from their facebook:
wisdomwizard - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 6 10492129_285974304907326_8514705218281803425_n

So we have evidence to prove he has a heart for charity pre-, during, and after the show. Totally NOT image rehabilitation, IMO.
It also seems his busy social life takes place during weekends.
I know Nick is controversial. Some people may view his action on the show "jerk"-ish,  but from what I can gather,  i think he definitely is not a jerk in real life.
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Thanks for providing the evidence, sdmom!

He certainly seems like an alright guy to me, and I don't think he has much interest in extending his TV fame. He doesn't even mention to show on his social media besides "One time I was on tv".
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:58 pm

mindless wrote:Thanks for providing the evidence, sdmom!

He certainly seems like an alright guy to me, and I don't think he has much interest in extending his TV fame. He doesn't even mention to show on his social media besides "One time I was on tv".

I very much agree w/you. Nick also posted an instagram picture taken from ATFR that he captioned "The end of a journey.... a beginning of a life". I don't think he's interested at all about extending his 15 minutes of fame through the bachelor franchise. If he was, then he would have appeared on Bachelor in Paradise and/or hired a PR firm to represent him, like other past contestants have done. I think he was done w/everything once ATFR rose was over and he had done those few media interviews he was requested for and probably obligated to do by TPTB. He did do that one guest blog that Sean requested that he do, but since then, he's been done and has moved on w/his life.
Sable
Sable

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:19 pm

Amberish wrote:

Doesn't sound like a normal routine to me; meaning, doesn't he work for a living?

I finally had a moment to locate and read the letter he wrote to Andi, thought it was a good letter and a shame to have been overshadowed by what he said at ATFR and subsequent interviews.

Anyway, thanks for the update and good to learn he is no longer discussing Andi or Josh. There may be hope for the man.

I think the poster was just giving an update on his life based on what we have been privy to based on twitter and SM. Pretty much all of the above occurred on a weekend. The indications that a person is returning their old routine are:

1. Are they travelling a lot - he pretty much seems to only be in Chicago or his hometown
2. Are they hanging out with old friends or with people from the franchise - He has seen some franchise people (i.e. Chris, JJ and Christy Hansen) but for the most part it is his old group of friends and co-workers
3. Are they making appearances - The only appearances I have seen thus far has been the Breast Cancer Benefit and the Home Town Heros children's camp. It was speculated that he had been asked to attend a paid event with Mike Stag in Toronto this past weekend, but appeared to have turned it down.
4. Are they returning to work - Appears he has, as he is usually pretty radio silent during the week, during the day, has made comments about work so it appears he is back and working as any normal person would.

To me he seems to have gotten back into his old life pretty well so far, based on what we know at least.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Considering what the producers did to him, I'd think Nick was either a glutton for punishment or a total fame whore if he did continue to exploit his Bachelor connection by appearing on BIP, so since I don't believe he is either, I'm not surprised he is returning to his regular working life in Chicago. Of course, he apparently had a real job and a career to come home to, unlike many of the other ones who decide to attempt to ride the fame train, so good for him.

Sorry, but that picture of him in the helmet gave me a flashback to Michael Dukakis and the tank. cantstopl :hidingchair

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:31 pm

ironcat wrote:Considering what the producers did to him, I'd think Nick was either a glutton for punishment or a total fame whore if he did continue to exploit his Bachelor connection by appearing on BIP, so since I don't believe he is either, I'm not surprised he is returning to his regular working life in Chicago.  Of course, he apparently had a real job and a career to come home to, unlike many of the other ones who decide to attempt to ride the fame train, so good for him.

Sorry, but that picture of him in the helmet gave me a flashback to Michael Dukakis and the tank. cantstopl :hidingchair

I like that about Nick and many of the others that had real careers vs. trumped up ABC bios.  Also appreciate the leads / contestants that were involved with philanthropy prior to their stint on reality tv.  It appears genuine when they continue supporting charitable groups instead of an attempt to help promote their "brand" or image.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 45 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

+59
emusha
Pia1
rosesrREd
atem
pavalygurl