SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Page 5 of 45 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

wisdomwizard - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 5 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:14 pm

stuckinsc wrote:

Thank you once again for correcting me.  I should just automatically yield to you on all things Andi, since you remember her details much better than I do.

You may be thinking of the two pics that surfaced where both of them were in the same bar on two different occasions, pre filming.

I like that he has participated in some charity events. The last one he did, the goal was $5000., they are at just over $8000. There is an upside to being on this crazy show.

Getting breast cancer sucks. Getting it at 30 years old is even less cool. So I am hanging out with Julie Ann this Sat August 16th at @statechicago from 5-8pm to help her raise some cash for her fight. Check out her story http://www.gofundme.com/byhdlw. Can't make it? Don't worry you can still donate;) Lets be honest, her goal is way to modest. Hope to see you there. #savetheboobs details for the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/677172369042261/
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

wisdomwizard - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 5 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:49 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:We have this whole season that we are still talking about because Andi went to a bar where they happen to be casting.  That is direct from her Jezebel interview.  So yes, Nick does seem to like and be attracted to women who go to bars.  Now if I was ten years younger and unmarried, oh and like 100 pounds lighter ... cantstopl

In that interview, Andi stated the casting took place at Three Sheets (more of a restaurant/lounge) and she clearly states she went there directly for the casting call. She didn't happen upon it by chance. She was told to go there for the casting call.

There's nothing wrong with going to bars, but I know that as a 23 year old woman, I hope by the time I'm over 30, I won't need to go to bars that are most fully of 20 something year olds or at the very least, not go to one just about every weekend. Everyone is different though.

The interview I read, said she was supposed to meet and it was late after work and she went anyway and the casting call happened to be there.  That is what I read.

BTW, I loved going to the bar and watching football every weekend in my 30s, but maybe that is just me.  Of course the bar I went to had people from their 20s to their 70s, so not every bar is a pick up joint, some of us just like to hang out.

Same with live music. I love Austin because everywhere you go.. even tailgating on campus! there are people of all ages. I agree that sports bars are fun, especially at stadium clubs. The Mavs have a nice one. Nick is probably having great fun at bars right now. Hope he enjoys it as often as possible. Not seeing Christy as a match though.

I wanted to touch on the frequent comments about "moving on." I occasionally think that about the fan threads for people that follow them everyday, but I don't go into the fan threads and say that. To me, saying "move on" is just another way to shut down a conversation you don't agree with. I think it's telling people what to post and how to feel, therefore against the rules. It starts every season 4-5 days after the finale. Sorry for my soapbox,  :soapbox but it's a pet peeve of mine. Yes, discussion threads go in circles at times, but I simply skip over what I don't want to comment on like any other post on the board. How Andi got from point A to point B in her season is infinitely more interesting to me then where any of them are this weekend. JMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:58 pm

grace8136 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:

In that interview, Andi stated the casting took place at Three Sheets (more of a restaurant/lounge) and she clearly states she went there directly for the casting call. She didn't happen upon it by chance. She was told to go there for the casting call.

There's nothing wrong with going to bars, but I know that as a 23 year old woman, I hope by the time I'm over 30, I won't need to go to bars that are most fully of 20 something year olds or at the very least, not go to one just about every weekend. Everyone is different though.

The interview I read, said she was supposed to meet and it was late after work and she went anyway and the casting call happened to be there.  That is what I read.

BTW, I loved going to the bar and watching football every weekend in my 30s, but maybe that is just me.  Of course the bar I went to had people from their 20s to their 70s, so not every bar is a pick up joint, some of us just like to hang out.

Same with live music. I love Austin because everywhere you go.. even tailgating on campus! there are people of all ages. I agree that sports bars are fun, especially at stadium clubs. The Mavs have a nice one. Nick is probably having great fun at bars right now. Hope he enjoys it as often as possible. Not seeing Christy as a match though.

I wanted to touch on the frequent comments about "moving on." I occasionally think that about the fan threads for people that follow them everyday, but I don't go into the fan threads and say that. To me, saying "move on" is just another way to shut down a conversation you don't agree with. I think it's telling people what to post and how to feel, therefore against the rules. It starts every season 4-5 days after the finale. Sorry for my soapbox,  :soapbox but it's a pet peeve of mine. Yes, discussion threads go in circles at times, but I simply skip over what I don't want to comment on like any other post on the board. How Andi got from point A to point B in her season is infinitely more interesting to me then where any of them are this weekend. JMHO

I love and miss Austin and all the live music. Unfortunately, my Longhorns are currently getting their butts kicked.

I like knowing what the people are up to after the show. Things like giving time for others is a reason for me to enjoy some of these people and relate to them.

I will say that I started using moving on, because many were just roasting Nick for still having serious feelings two months after she dumped him. When I saw he has moved on, I think he has let go of the idea of ever having a relationship with Andi. That is a good thing in my opinion, they never would have worked in the real world.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:28 am

stuckinsc wrote:
grace8136 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

I love and miss Austin and all the live music.  Unfortunately, my Longhorns are currently getting their butts kicked.

I like knowing what the people are up to after the show.  Things like giving time for others is a reason for me to enjoy some of these people and relate to them.  

I will say that I started using moving on, because many were just roasting Nick for still having serious feelings two months after she dumped him.  When I saw he has moved on, I think he has let go of the idea of ever having a relationship with Andi.  That is a good thing in my opinion, they never would have worked in the real world.

I went to the game last weekend... much better. hmmm

I keep up with some of them, but not daily. The point was more that we all enjoy the board for different reasons. I agree that Nick has been roasted here, the punishment always outweighs the crime on the internet, but you didn't start the moving on. It's been going on for weeks and every season. It's hard being a spoiled F2 fan. Arie, Chris, Nick. sad Maybe my skin is thicker now. It was really hard with Chris last season. Lots of Des picked him as a default, he's a chump.. certainly that discussion thread would look a little different today so discussions do evolve.

We can't talk prior meetings, the edit, producer shenanigans, etc in the fan thread, so this is the debrief thread, mixed with some other stuff that I mainly skip. For example, why was Nick so confident is a question about the show and bigger than just Nick. What did the producers do? Last season, I was pretty convinced some things were shot out of order. I'd love to work for this show to see what all they're up to. I'll work for free! :Nod: giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:53 am

stuckinsc wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

So how did it all happen?
There was a casting call, and my friends told me about it. It was in Atlanta up in Sandy Springs [at Three Sheets]. I was like, ‘There’s no way I’m going to a Bachelor casting call; you guys are crazy.’ I remember it was a Thursday and I got off work at a normal time, which was unusual. I didn’t feel like working out and my girlfriend canceled dinner, so I just drove there. I went by myself and had no idea what to expect. I came in my suit! I got there and these girls were dressed to the nines in their stilettos and these cute little outfits. I took off my blazer so I at least had a skirt and tank top on. I did the interview and I was like, ‘This is stupid; why did I do this?’ And the next thing I knew I was getting called out to interview in L.A.

- See more at: http://modernluxury.com/jezebel/story/making-mrs-murray#sthash.WTZ45UCE.dpuf

That was her direct answer from the Jezebel magazine you referred to.  She knew it was the casting call.

Thank you once again for correcting me.  I should just automatically yield to you on all things Andi, since you remember her details much better than I do.

I guess posting somewhat wise *** remarks to another poster is tolerated. I guess for me, even if I don't agree with someone, I seriously try not to be a wise *** to anyone considering each person is allowed to post their comments. I simply attached an article that anyone could have looked up on the internet, including yourself to see if your thoughts were correct, to prove what is correct and what isn't. I would safely bet that if I made the assumption that Nick said something and I was incorrect, a Nick fan would have corrected me as well.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:52 am

grace8136 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:

Thanks for your comments Grace; you articulate an important issue way more tactfully and eloquently than I ever could!!. :yes:  
While I'm interested in discussing both the season and where contestants are this weekend, I agree that posters who want to "move on" should do so... and leave any discussions they are no longer interested in to those of us that still are. yes
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:44 am

Ash2214 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:

So how did it all happen?
There was a casting call, and my friends told me about it. It was in Atlanta up in Sandy Springs [at Three Sheets]. I was like, ‘There’s no way I’m going to a Bachelor casting call; you guys are crazy.’ I remember it was a Thursday and I got off work at a normal time, which was unusual. I didn’t feel like working out and my girlfriend canceled dinner, so I just drove there. I went by myself and had no idea what to expect. I came in my suit! I got there and these girls were dressed to the nines in their stilettos and these cute little outfits. I took off my blazer so I at least had a skirt and tank top on. I did the interview and I was like, ‘This is stupid; why did I do this?’ And the next thing I knew I was getting called out to interview in L.A.

- See more at: http://modernluxury.com/jezebel/story/making-mrs-murray#sthash.WTZ45UCE.dpuf

That was her direct answer from the Jezebel magazine you referred to.  She knew it was the casting call.

I guess posting somewhat wise *** remarks to another poster is tolerated. I guess for me, even if I don't agree with someone, I seriously try not to be a wise *** to anyone considering each person is allowed to post their comments. I simply attached an article that anyone could have looked up on the internet, including yourself to see if your thoughts were correct, to prove what is correct and what isn't. I would safely bet that if I made the assumption that Nick said something and I was incorrect, a Nick fan would have corrected me as well.

Not a wise*** remark. I thank people who correct me, because I don't like to say the wrong thing. I have thanked the SeanCat fans when they correct me when I am wrong too. You follow and know Andi much better than I do, so I will yield to you on matters of Andi, you pay much more attention to her than I do. Believe it or not, I am not a nasty person with nasty intent and like to admit when I am wrong.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:09 am

SueSt wrote:
grace8136 wrote:I wanted to touch on the frequent comments about "moving on." I occasionally think that about the fan threads for people that follow them everyday, but I don't go into the fan threads and say that. To me, saying "move on" is just another way to shut down a conversation you don't agree with. I think it's telling people what to post and how to feel, therefore against the rules. It starts every season 4-5 days after the finale. Sorry for my soapbox,  but it's a pet peeve of mine. Yes, discussion threads go in circles at times, but I simply skip over what I don't want to comment on like any other post on the board. How Andi got from point A to point B in her season is infinitely more interesting to me then where any of them are this weekend. JMHO
Thanks for your comments Grace; you articulate an important issue way more tactfully and eloquently than I ever could!!. :yes:  
While I'm interested in discussing both the season and where contestants are this weekend, I agree that posters who want to "move on" should do so... and leave any discussions they are no longer interested in to those of us that still are. yes

In Nick's "blog" hosted by Sean's "Not a Blog" he said:

Nick Viall wrote:I’m speaking out about this incident because I hope Bachelor Nation will have a more honest conversation about the Fantasy Suites and the emotional repercussions of sex.

Nick invited ongoing discussions on what is most certainly a controversial and polarizing topic made so because of what he himself did and also because of what Andi did. It just makes sense to me that these discussions will be as controversial as the events that sparked them. No one who isn't interested in those discussions needs to be a part of them but likewise no one who is interested in ongoing discussions should be excluded from having them. It is an individual choice that every poster should have the right to make and I am most grateful to GA and the moderators for providing the opportunity for us to have these discussions.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:00 pm

I was trying to get a read by scanning posts, but can't tell, so my question is:

Is Nick still out there boiling the bunny or has he been able to suck it up and move on?
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:16 pm

Amberish wrote:I was trying to get a read by scanning posts, but can't tell, so my question is:

Is Nick still out there boiling the bunny or has he been able to suck it up and move on?

Since AFTR and the mandated media and the guest "not a blog" for Sean on August 7th, Nick has not posted or spoken about Andi or Josh. Since then he went to Lollapalooza with JJ in Chicago, his uncle passed away, he has been live tweeting about BiP sometimes, he helped raise money by bartending and appearing for a 30 year old woman he had never met who has breast cancer, has been seen out and about in Chicago and Milwaukee and last weekend attended his sister's wedding. He will be going to see Sam Smith when he comes to Chicago.

Overall, I would put it at Nick has moved on, but will leave that opinion for each person to make.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi all!

There are a lot of posts about Andi in this thread. We do have a general discussion thread for Andi: https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t2346-andi-dorfman-the-bachelorette-10-discussion

Thanks!
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Amberish wrote:I was trying to get a read by scanning posts, but can't tell, so my question is:

I've only seen one tweet mentioning Andi recently and I wouldn't classify it as boiling the bunny:

Nick wrote:
wisdomwizard - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 5 N2G9w8Jf_normal  Nick Viall  @viallnicholas28    ·     Sep 4    
This was right before Andi sent @mrjjobrien home because she thought he was napping with his hands… http://instagram.com/p/siSHeJsw5e/

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 45 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

+59
emusha
Pia1
rosesrREd
atem
pavalygurl