SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 67 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

humbled - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 67 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by landrje Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:00 pm

realityfan26 wrote:IMO, most of us in the general thread probably aren't inclined to spend the money to buy his book. Some of what we're saying is what we infer (thus our stating of IMO) from various articles about Sean, and in my case, researching further to verify that he barely played. Some of what we're saying is indeed fact; his family moved for Sean to play football for a different HS.
Unless I'm mistaken, snark and our opinions are still ok in the general thread.
ETA: I've always gotten the impression that Sean not only was ON the football team, but played. That's what I understood from the various articles about Sean when he was the bachelor. He is referred to as an ex KState player which he is; I just thought he was more than a practice squad member.

I get all that, and certainly begrudge no one their right to snark and state their opinions ... what perplexes me is why Sean seems to get the blame in situations like his football career when in fact he's stated the opposite.

Here, for example, is another direct quote from Sean on his college football career: "My biggest regret is the way I handled my college years. For those of you who don’t know, I went to Kansas State University on a football scholarship. K-State is a school that has produced a lot of NFL players over the years and like most incoming freshman, I hoped that I might end up in the NFL as well. The only problem with that was, I was the classic case of a kid who didn’t handle his business like a man. Instead of devoting myself to getting better in every workout, drill, and practice, I did just enough to get by. To this day I can’t pinpoint why I handled myself the way I did except to say that I was immature. I wasn’t ready for the full-time job that college football is and I decided to take the easy route which lead to a disappointing career and a lifetime of regret."

I mean, is there anything else that he could possibly say to dispel anyone's notion that he has somehow claimed to be a "great footballer?"
landrje
landrje

Back to top Go down

humbled - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 67 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:18 pm

Linds911 wrote:Well sometimes articles don't always speak the truth especially gossip rags.

I don't read the gossip rags; I was speaking of the tons of articles when he was the Bachelor. Again, IMO so you may have inferred differently than me.

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:48 pm

realityfan26 wrote:IMO, most of us in the general thread probably aren't inclined to spend the money to buy his book. Some of what we're saying is what we infer (thus our stating of IMO) from various articles about Sean, and in my case, researching further to verify that he barely played. Some of what we're saying is indeed fact; his family moved for Sean to play football for a different HS.
ETA: I've always gotten the impression that Sean not only was ON the football team, but played. That's what I understood from the various articles about Sean when he was the bachelor. He is referred to as an ex KState player which he is; I just thought he was more than a practice squad member.
You can buy his book on Amazon for 98 cents but to me that is still to high. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:58 pm

^^ I'll pass! I doubt I'd read it for free!

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:00 pm

^^ it's 15.98/8.99 actually. Smiley

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:09 pm

^Just looked and saw some new ones for 50 cents.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:09 pm

50 cents?? What a ripoff.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:13 pm

I couldn't care less about Sean's football career, or lack thereof. I have zero interest in reading his book, which sounds like it centers mostly around his faith. No thanks. My interest in him begins and ends in relation to The Bachelor. He has, on many occasions, judged other leads and contestants for how they handle the show in relation to how *he* ran the show - as if how he did it was the "right" way, and others fall short. I don't need to read his book to gather that impression.  There have been 32 leads counting JoJo. They all handled various aspects differently. Sean seems to imply he did things "the right way," and thats the attitude that bugs me.

Juan Pablo and Ben come easily to mind as two examples where Sean went all sanctimonious OTT. Sean and Catherine PLOWED into JPG for "biting the hand that feeds him" and for not being able to tell Nikki he loved her. Ummmm.... Eees ok, Sean. Its actually totally ok to not say ILY if you aren't emotionally there yet. And you know what? I, for one, mostly watch this show to be entertained and JPG ran a show that entertained me far more than Sean's yawn fest, success not with standing.

Regarding Ben, he went on a Twitter rampage about the dual ILY's. Like seriously, OTT. In one tweet, he said he wanted to make sure people knew "he didn't condone telling two girls he loved them." Ummmm... Once again, ok Sean. Thanks for your input about what you condone since you did everything right when you ran your boring season. I don't think it's a coincidence at all that those tweets started coming fast and furious after CH put Ben on Rushmore. Sean was butt hurt.

ETA: I found Sean's response towards Ben particularly icky because he claimed to be "friends with Ben" and gave him advice. Ditto Catherine who was in communication with Lauren BTS. The public Twitter meltdown from both (Catherine went into full Wratherine mode) was just not cool for two people you were supposedly trying to "support."

Last edited by sosleepy on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by justrosie Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:24 pm

landrje wrote:
justrosie wrote:For instance, he promoted himself as this great footballer.  In reality, his college record shows he played in four games with no stats.  That's  like calling yourself an NFL football player and never making it off the practice squad to play in an actual game.  I won't  even get into almost failing out of college, failed businesses, etc.  I really wanted to like him during Emily ' s season, but something wasn't quite right. JMO

Not to be argumentative, but I'm curious as to where this notion that he "promoted himself as this great footballer" (from the bolded above) comes from? In his book, this is what he specifically says about his college football career: "My biggest regret in life is that I wasted my college opportunities - academically, athletically, and spiritually." Is there another source in which he claims otherwise that I'm not aware of?

If it's related to his high school football career, Sean would be making an accurate assertion, because he was good enough to earn a full scholarship to a Division 1 program that is very well known for their football team (statistically, somewhere around 1% of high school football players in the U.S. are good enough to earn a scholarship to a Division 1 program). Sean has also been very forthcoming (in his book and elsewhere) about his failings academically and in business, so I guess I'm just perplexed about where the notion that he claims he's something that he's not comes from ... no idea

My notion comes from various interviews, in written form and video form.  Initially in interviews Sean seemed to be very vague, IMO, about his collegiate football stats.  Often, IMO, skirting direct questions with generalities. The same could be said in regards to his business ventures.  For me, red flags went up when he went from insurance salesman to entrepreneur over night. He was fine as an insurance salesman. Nothing wrong with that.

justrosie

Back to top Go down

Post by justrosie Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:32 pm

landrje wrote:

I get all that, and certainly begrudge no one their right to snark and state their opinions ... what perplexes me is why Sean seems to get the blame in situations like his football career when in fact he's stated the opposite.

Here, for example, is another direct quote from Sean on his college football career: "My biggest regret is the way I handled my college years. For those of you who don’t know, I went to Kansas State University on a football scholarship. K-State is a school that has produced a lot of NFL players over the years and like most incoming freshman, I hoped that I might end up in the NFL as well. The only problem with that was, I was the classic case of a kid who didn’t handle his business like a man. Instead of devoting myself to getting better in every workout, drill, and practice, I did just enough to get by. To this day I can’t pinpoint why I handled myself the way I did except to say that I was immature. I wasn’t ready for the full-time job that college football is and I decided to take the easy route which lead to a disappointing career and a lifetime of regret."

I mean, is there anything else that he could possibly say to dispel anyone's notion that he has somehow claimed to be a "great footballer?"

From the ESPN interview to when he wrote his book he may have done grown a bit, and owned the truth. Kudos for him.

justrosie

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:34 pm

^^^ link please Justrosie. I dont recall that.

"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by justrosie Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:44 pm

lipsis wrote:^^^ link please Justrosie. I dont recall that.

Under - "How much playing time did you get?"

He speaks of the grueling work outs, and what he learned from his coach.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

justrosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie