SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 55 of 80 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 67 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

humbled - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 55 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by sosleepy Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:50 pm

Alanna wrote:Ehh I think the show is just sick of them at this point. They have many, many pretty new toys to play with now in their other couples thankfully.

Yeah, for a while there they were showing up for everything. Literally everything. This season, my husband who only half pays attention, was like "Where the heck are Sean and Catherine??? They are always front and center." When they didn't show up for Janner's wedding. LMAO when some dude who only half pays attention notices when you don't show up for another opportunity to get on camera.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

humbled - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 55 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by sosleepy Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:54 pm

umngirl wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Generally speaking I've considered Jason the first too and I suspect non super fans do too. Maybe because the show has always included them in with the rest and they did get the whole Bachelor wedding special treatment. I imagine they were pretty desperate for a success at the time and the show really took off since Jason.

It's interesting because all my friends who watch texted me during the Valentine's Day special and asked who Jason and Molly were and when their season was because they couldn't remember them. Lol They remembered the rest of the married couples though.

That surprises me. I think Jason and Molly are pretty iconic, and Jason's season was a total game changer for this franchise. It's all a matter of opinion, but for me... Regardless of who Jason proposed to at FRC by the time ATFR part I and II aired, he was with Molly. The show ended with Jolly, so she is actually F1 to me. And for me, he definitely counts as a success. He married someone from his season.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:54 pm

umngirl wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Generally speaking I've considered Jason the first too and I suspect non super fans do too. Maybe because the show has always included them in with the rest and they did get the whole Bachelor wedding special treatment. I imagine they were pretty desperate for a success at the time and the show really took off since Jason.

It's interesting because all my friends who watch texted me during the Valentine's Day special and asked who Jason and Molly were and when their season was because they couldn't remember them. Lol They remembered the rest of the married couples though.

Ha! They do seem pretty ancient now for the younger fans. My Bachelor memory barely goes beyond Emily's season laugh out loud.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed66 Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:57 pm

sosleepy wrote:
Alanna wrote:Ehh I think the show is just sick of them at this point. They have many, many pretty new toys to play with now in their other couples thankfully.

Yeah, for a while there they were showing up for everything. Literally everything. This season, my husband who only half pays attention, was like "Where the heck are Sean and Catherine??? They are always front and center." When they didn't show up for Janner's wedding. LMAO when some dude who only half pays attention notices when you don't show up for another opportunity to get on camera.

Just to make it clear they did not want or wish to be the front and center of the show!! They were just attending because the show wanted them to attend. As for the wedding they refused to attend and they will not be doing anymore shows or attending the events. They just attended out of respect. ABC invited them and they never imposed themselves on the show!!. They are happy just being at home minding their own business.

blessed66
blessed66

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:01 pm

sosleepy wrote:
umngirl wrote:

That surprises me. I think Jason and Molly are pretty iconic, and Jason's season was a total game changer for this franchise. It's all a matter of opinion, but for me... Regardless of who Jason proposed to at FRC by the time ATFR part I and II aired, he was with Molly. The show ended with Jolly, so she is actually F1 to me. And for me, he definitely counts as a success. He married someone from his season.

Ali was their first season so that's probably why. Although I managed to show them Trista/Ryan's season and wedding so they were familiar with them. Jason and Molly just totally skipped their attention.

True it is a matter of opinion. Guess I'm too literal because while they are a success story for the franchise, like all the other married couples including BIP ones, he still didn't marry his F1 in my mind.

umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:02 pm

bleuberry wrote:
umngirl wrote:

Ha! They do seem pretty ancient now for the younger fans. My Bachelor memory barely goes beyond Emily's season laugh out loud.

I feel ya. Things from Jillian forward are rreeaallllyyy sketchy for me. And even some seasons after I think I've blocked out since I found them horrible. Lol

umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:19 pm

sosleepy wrote:

Well, they were front and center for Ben's season. Sean giving advice at the beinning of the season, and then the McDonald's commercial. I don't buy that they just want to live their lives quietly and away from cameras; they will do that until the next opportunity they can't pass up comes along. If they wanted to stay private, they wouldn't be so active on SM. I don't follow them, but based on the posts above, it sounds like they were pretty vocal. Sean reminds me of an extended family member I have; they will joke around with someone, but they are actually insulting that person, but the person doesn't pick up on it. Passive-aggressive. Rules the house and the wife has no voice. A lot of similarities.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Unlike JP and others who dish it out and then laugh when they get it back, Sean and Cat get angry and defensive when criticized. I actually enjoyed listening to Cat the hypocrite complain about the CWS edit. I remember her very vocally criticizing JPG for the same thing. To me that is the sanctimonious part. They feel it is their right to snark everyone else, but when anyone else snarks them it is mean. Typical bully behavior. All of course JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:28 pm

blessed66 wrote:
sosleepy wrote:

Just to make it clear they did not want or wish to be the front and center of the show!!  They were just attending because the show wanted them to attend.  As for the wedding they refused to attend and they will not be doing anymore shows or attending the events.  They just attended out of respect.  ABC invited them and they never imposed themselves on the show!!.  They are happy just being at home minding their own business.

If that's true and they want to be private, then they should set their SM to private and interact with family and friends only. Since they don't do that to me it seems they are still interested in what people think about them and are still trying to be relative. JMHO
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:37 pm

Of all the couples, the two that seem to be the most private and normal to me are Des/Chris and Ashley/JP. Sure- both will have the occasional Bachelor update or show up at some Bachelor events, but for the most part, they live their lives. Jason/Molly were exceedingly private (with good reason) after their show, but now years later they have come out of their shell to do a few things. Trista and Ryan have also done a couple things, I think if it were up to Trista they'd do more, but she respects her husband's want for privacy and they've hit a healthy balance. SeanCat, IMO, are the anomaly of the successful couples. They feel more "brand" to me than any of the other successes. They've put themselves out there time and again, and unfortunely it's just opened them up for more scrutiny than all of the other couples. It just is what it is. If you don't want people to have an opinion, don't put yourself out there like that. And then don't get angry and defensive when people have an opinion of you that differs from the image you want to project. You can't have it both ways.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:53 pm

blessed66 wrote:They are happy just being at home minding their own business.

Is that why they did Dancing With The Stars... and a televised wedding including an exploitation of their consummation... and half a dozen ATFR shows... and Celebrity Wife Swap... and Marriage Boot Camp.... am I missing anything? Poor Sean. He just HATES all that limelight and attention! The guy has been on more reality show episodes than any other previous contestant! I'd have 100 times more respect for him (and by extension, them as a couple) if he just owned the fact that he loves to see himself on TV instead of acting like it's some great burden that was forced upon him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:56 pm

bblake wrote:
blessed66 wrote:They are happy just being at home minding their own business.

Is that why they did Dancing With The Stars... and a televised wedding including an exploitation of their consummation... and half a dozen ATFR shows... and Celebrity Wife Swap... and Marriage Boot Camp.... am I missing anything? Poor Sean. He just HATES all that limelight and attention! The guy has been on more reality show episodes than any other previous contestant! I'd have 100 times more respect for him (and by extension, them as a couple) if he just owned the fact that he loves to see himself on TV instead of acting like it's some great burden that was forced upon him.
They're just spreading their light to the lowlifes (all of us), let's just be thankful laugh out loud laugh out loud laugh out loud

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 80 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 67 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie