SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 28 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 54 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

humbled - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by luvlady345 Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:12 pm

And I didn't say anyone has referred to them as drug dealers either....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

humbled - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by vivi2 Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:12 pm

I think "real" jobs are overrated! Your job doesn't define you as a person. Your job is what you do, not who you are.

A job is a job is a job....

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:37 pm

StacyNor wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:Again, if SC ever told us anything about their non-celebrity jobs then I think it might make it easier to remember them for the casual fan. I loved seeing some of the cool stuff Cat did during their season (of bachelor) and right after she has real talent. As for "oil and gas", um okay, you share all your private thoughts in a book and a not-a-blog and that is as descriptive as he can get? Lived in Texas for 13 years, knew plenty of people in that field, they were all able to say a lot more than that.

Because they so over share the media stuff it is hard to put credence behind the "real" jobs they say nothing about.

And it is okay to live off all the money you make being the first and only bachelor to marry his first choice and also be a man of faith. Just own it. The super secrecy about something's while being an open book about others is just weird.

As far as marriage counseling, I am sure their church offers some and they don't have to be on tv to do it.
To be fair Sean has already wrote in his blog on what they do.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks Stacy, I had not seen that and respect that Sean was pretty open about it. I admit, I get my info here, and the discussions always sound like they are super secret or something. He really did address it openly and completely. I don't think people have to work 9 to 5 either and trust me being in academia I can tell you I see many very smart people who don't make very much money and struggle their whole lives. My bff is a professor at an undergrad university. She loves it and would never give it up and she has a business on the side doing medical editing because that is the only way for her to have the standard of living she wants. Good for SC for doing it their way and not really being so secretive about it. Hugesmile

I am not a fan of them doing so many reality shows, but since people keep watching then good for them. I only watched them on the bachelor and the wedding, have no interest in Family Feud, Wife Swap or Marriage Bootcamp. CT with JPG and Nikki was too much for me last year, I don't need to watch couples discuss their problems again ever, it tends to just make me dislike them (the general them not this couple) more.

deadhorse I will stop complaining about them doing so many reality shows, since people keep watching them.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:13 pm

When Sean and Catherine first moved to Dallas  from Cali,  thanks to a fan who took pics., we learned that Cat was serving ice cream sandwich at a school during lunch time. How glamorous! I'm sure that wasn't the only time she did that.  Until the wedding, for 5 months, they had to pay rents for two places so I guess any extra $$ would help.  My point is, this couple are not afraid of hard work. Nothing is beneath them. They seem to be grateful for what they have, thanks to TB!

As long as the "job" is the right one for them, why should they turn down "easy" money when they have the opportunity to do so? (unless they're crazy!)

Nowadays, they volunteer for "young life" and their church, donate time and $$ to 2 charities and of course working!  They do have a normal life when they are home,  away from cameras.

It doesn't matter what people think of them,  they don't seek fame.  But because of the fame from TB, they get a lot of offers and so.....

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:50 pm

Oh, by the way, the "promotions" that you see on Cat's IG, most of them are free stuff, and she posts them as a thank you.

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:25 pm

I think people are mis-interpreting "real jobs". They're not typical Americans who work "real jobs" aka 9-5 or whatever, M-F. They get easy money without having to try hard. But they are now "reality" stars so thats how they can get that money. IMO, I think when people say "real jobs", they're just always under the impression that they aren't working or working much. So thank you to whoever posted Sean's blog, but without that, I can see where people get the impression that they don't work at all.

They really just don't fall into the category like the rest of us who DO have to work (hard) 40+ hours a week for a fraction of that paycheck. But after all, we're not reality stars and we don't have the luxury of making easy $$$.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:29 am

california90 wrote:I think people are mis-interpreting "real jobs". They're not typical Americans who work "real jobs" aka 9-5 or whatever, M-F. They get easy money without having to try hard. But they are now "reality" stars so thats how they can get that money. IMO, I think when people say "real jobs", they're just always under the impression that they aren't working or working much. So thank you to whoever posted Sean's blog, but without that, I can see where people get the impression that they don't work at all.

They really just don't fall into the category like the rest of us who DO have to work (hard) 40+ hours a week for a fraction of that paycheck. But after all, we're not reality stars and we don't have the luxury of making easy $$$.

I enjoyed the blog and was grateful to read it. I will see that their SM presence doesn't highlight much of this, so it is kind of hidden. Sean or Cat could easily post a pic of the houses in process, with little up dates, cute stuff like this one is almost done or something. Not that they have to, but it might help. The people with shows on HGTV, etc. do stuff like that.

And as I said, Cat is really talented so seeing more of her work would be fantastic.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:34 am

vivi2 wrote:
Oh, by the way,  the "promotions" that you see on Cat's IG,  most of them are free stuff, and she posts them as a thank you.  

As a thank you and likely part of the deal. Product promotion on IG is a 'thing,' people get free stuff and/or money and in return they advertise xyz product to their followers. I follow at least a dozen Bach nation peeps and the women all do it. This is definitely not simply a thank you to the company. It's a business deal of sorts. I don't fault them for that really, I love bags too! laugh out loud

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed66 Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:43 am

bleuberry wrote:
vivi2 wrote:
Oh, by the way,  the "promotions" that you see on Cat's IG,  most of them are free stuff, and she posts them as a thank you.  

As a thank you and likely part of the deal. Product promotion on IG is a 'thing,' people get free stuff and/or money and in return they advertise xyz product to their followers. I follow at least a dozen Bach nation peeps and the women all do it. This is definitely not simply a thank you to the company. It's a business deal.

Not everything she does is a deal.  I know for a fact that she has posted something just to help out some small companies.  She is not like all the other Bach nation people **edited**s who is always promoting staff.  Catherine is always very picky about companies and products she promotes.  It is really not all about money!!

blessed66
blessed66

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:05 am

Sean and Catherine together have likely received the most free products/money from posting on their IG than any other couple, and no one has promoted as many products as Catherine. Not a big deal, it's simple and easy! With their huge following, that isn't too much of a surprise. I much prefer this over reality TV. Most Bach nation people with a following (the women especially) have done it at one point or another, and yes, even my beloved Des does it (gasp!) laugh out loud. It's not that hard to spot the promotional type of posts.

I'm not sure how picky she is seeing as she also promotes Hydroxycut (my only product gripe) on her own account, but whatevs. I don't buy stuff cuz people I like tell me to, not my problem. humbled - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 28 2498057887

So to say that she posts products just as a thank you is simply not true, but again, I'm quite materialistic myself so get it girl! giggling

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:37 am

The "fashion" blogs are where people make a lot of money from, sometimes even more than "reality" shows too.  Because not only they get paid with Clicks (ads on site) but the bigger $$ from links.  

All of them get the same free bags, boxes, clothes, shoes, products etc.... and if Cat gets more free stuff, she has to post more, it's very simple really.

I'll have to look around at others' SM accounts and will "report" it here.  Stay tuned....

Last edited by vivi2 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:41 am

Oh Bleu, I said MOST!

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 54 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie