SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 11 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

humbled - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by bleuberry Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:05 pm

I think because they're young and smart, I have no concerns about their future. They will be ok and have some kind of career and find a way to live after all of this is done.

Maybe I notice their promotional stuff because I follow all of them (couples) on IG. It just seems like between the two of them, there are lots of product promos going on. Not necessarily a bad thing I guess, but they usually have comments from others about it so I don't think I'm out to lunch, am I?  giggling I love the insights on their daily lives and I scroll past everything else. No harm, no foul.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

humbled - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Mustang19 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:
livelife wrote:
Thanks blueberry.  

I honestly don't see the difference between Des marketing and linking to all the products on her website vs. Catherine linking to products on twitter or IG.  Catherine doesn't have her own website like Des or other bloggers like her.

Again all the power to her and all the other couples if they are able to generate income this way.  It is rare and I agree, it must be nice to receive an income this way.  Wish I could do it  giggling but alas... it's 8 to 10 hours of work a day for me to make what they probably receive (if not more) for sending out one tweet or link... sigh..

I agree with your post livelife. I've always thought that everyone should take advantage of any opportunities that come their way after coming off these shows. The difference IMO is some do it in a more desperate I want to be famous manner, and some are more professional about it. Sean/Cat Des/Chris Jillian, IMO are more professional about it. Jake OTOH was desperate.

Sean has had several different jobs as per his vid that didn't pan out or he didn't like. Being the Bachelor has probably given him a new direction on being business savy, while Cat is taking her talents to another level and using all the necessary tools to get there. Launch parties, teasers with her work etc, are all ways to get the message out there. The success will depend on the demand, as in any product. If it doesn't work out, they are young enough to try something else.

Agree with the bolded. I don't fault anyone for taking advantage of anything that comes their way with this show, they should make whatever they can. And, yes, some have gone about it more aggressively like Jake. But, this show will end and so will their popularity. So when they are in their 40's and 50's and starting to think of retirement, that money will likely be gone and what then? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but it would scare the beans out of me to have a spouse that had no "career".  My kids are the same age, and I know what I hear from their friends that if someone really has no direction or hasn't figured it out yet, they steer clear. If what they are doing works for them, then more power to them. They seem like nice people and I wish them well. I'm just giving my opinion, which I realize doesn't count in their lives, but the job thing is something that would really bother me.

I'm on the same page.
Perks are nice. Standing on your own two feet even nicer.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by livelife Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi Mustang,

Are you speaking about Sean and Cat specifically?

This could be true for all couples. I think they all have at least a good starting point for their future (more then most couples starting off) and what they do from here is up to them on how successful they will be. By having this money, it allows them to go for whatever "careers" they decide on, traditional or not. We don't know how much they have all made up to this point but I imagine it's probably fairly significant (depending on what everyone's definition of this is).

Hopefully all these couples are "wise" with their money, because as you said, their popularity will probably end at some point (especially once the Bachelor goes off the air. Personally if that happens, I hope they have "Where
Are They Now" specials from time to time).
livelife
livelife

Back to top Go down

Post by livelife Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:31 pm

IrishGal wrote:I just thought it was interesting because I had also wondered about the "new" Cat.  I deleted it so as not to offend you. I just looked at the website and it still describes th eplacemats as paper?

Thanks..

No offence taken. I take the articles by "The Stir' with a grain of salt. They always "imply" things about the couples and or individually (most recently JuanPa & Nikki).

For what it's worth, here's the description off the S&G Website:
Our placemats are printed on our Smooth paper. Smooth paper is coated and offers an excellent white allowing for vibrant color rendition. The weight of paper is 120# Cover/325 gsm. Contains 10% total recovered fiber recycled content and is FSC certified. A UV coating will be applied applied to the top side as a secondary step in the production process once printing is complete. The coating is applied as a thin layer on the surface of the printed piece. This liquid is then cured through exposure to high intensity UV light. During the process, the coating follows the contour of toners on the page so in areas of high toner density, there is a higher degree of shine. The UV coating also provides some protection to the placemat.
livelife
livelife

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:11 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
livelife wrote:
Thanks blueberry.  

I honestly don't see the difference between Des marketing and linking to all the products on her website vs. Catherine linking to products on twitter or IG.  Catherine doesn't have her own website like Des or other bloggers like her.

Again all the power to her and all the other couples if they are able to generate income this way.  It is rare and I agree, it must be nice to receive an income this way.  Wish I could do it  giggling but alas... it's 8 to 10 hours of work a day for me to make what they probably receive (if not more) for sending out one tweet or link... sigh..

I agree with your post livelife. I've always thought that everyone should take advantage of any opportunities that come their way after coming off these shows. The difference IMO is some do it in a more desperate I want to be famous manner, and some are more professional about it. Sean/Cat Des/Chris Jillian, IMO are more professional about it. Jake OTOH was desperate.

Sean has had several different jobs as per his vid that didn't pan out or he didn't like. Being the Bachelor has probably given him a new direction on being business savy, while Cat is taking her talents to another level and using all the necessary tools to get there. Launch parties, teasers with her work etc, are all ways to get the message out there. The success will depend on the demand, as in any product. If it doesn't work out, they are young enough to try something else.

I don't know. Although young and affable enough, I tend to believe Sean suffers from shiny ball syndrome.

For example, sometime last fall, Sean involved himself in a partnership at Factory Girl and his active involvement barely lasted four months. IMO, he hasn't yet to figure out that once a commitment is made, you do it, because if you don't, people notice; and, if it's time to end it, you end it, and don't only let it fade away, because, in reality, it's still sitting there, right behind you.  

A dear friend of mine who is, also, enormously successful, insists that for some men, "it takes a wife and a bun in the oven" before becoming responsible.  Could be Sean is that kind of man.

Last edited by Amberish on Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Thanks, livelife. I need placemats that have full protection from stains and MEN and I fear those don't. My men range in age from their teens to their 90s! I love them but they ruin placemats regularly.  Rolling Eyes 

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:16 pm

livelife wrote:Hi Mustang,

Are you speaking about Sean and Cat specifically?

This could be true for all couples.  I think they all have at least a good starting point for their future (more then most couples starting off) and what they do from here is up to them on how successful they will be.  By having this money, it allows them to go for whatever "careers" they decide on, traditional or not.   We don't know how much they have all made up to this point but I imagine it's probably fairly significant (depending on what everyone's definition of this is).  

Hopefully all these couples are "wise" with their money, because as you said, their popularity will probably end at some point (especially once the Bachelor goes off the air.  Personally if that happens, I hope they have "Where
Are They Now" specials from time to time).

Hi Livelife, yes, Sean and Cat in this instance, but more specifically Sean. I really have nothing against them, I like them and think they are a cute couple. It would really concern me if I was looking to get married to someone approaching 30 years old, having already graduated from college, and still not established in a profession. It would seem to me like that person is never going to find what they want. As someone said above, maybe he's not a 9-5 type person or a leader/boss type and hasn't found it yet, just seems like bad news to me. I have a nephew who is 28, graduated from college as an engineer. He hated his job, and went into some high powered sales, and hated that too. But he kept trying something new, not wandering around waiting for something to happen. I don't know if Sean is doing that since I don't know him, but there hasn't been any information about him in a new job. I get that people can start out with something and not like it after giving it a go, nothing wrong with that, but keep trying until you find it. My nephew is now a policeman/firefighter and has finally found his calling.

I'm sure (hopefully) Sean and Cat made a lot of money in the last year or so, and that's great. For me, I'm just a worrywart when it comes to finances, and am telling my kids all the time to work hard and save, save, save. Being out of work with no experience to speak of and no job prospects (or money in savings) is not a pleasant place to be.

I would love a "Where are they now" special too after the show is gone!
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by livelife Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:19 pm

IrishGal wrote:Thanks, livelife.  I need placemats that have full protection from stains and MEN and I fear those don't.  My men range in age from their teens to their 90s!  I love them but they ruin placemats regularly.   Rolling Eyes 

It sounds like you need extra durable placements for your family  giggling 

Have a good night IrishGal.
livelife
livelife

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:20 pm

"suffers from shiny ball syndrome" rofl 

Amberish, I've never heard this term before!

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:58 pm

notarose wrote:"suffers from shiny ball syndrome" rofl 

Amberish, I've never heard this term before!

Yep, welcome to 2014! And, so fitting, too! giggling :yes:
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:59 pm

I had considered going to Bham for the launch, but no I won't drive there and then pay $60. If it went to a local charity I would but not to give profit, just not what I would do.

I think a lot of this started because someone said that Sean and Cat were private citizens now, so the house shouldn't be public. I don't agree, they continue to be very public and I am fine with it, but then they put their life out there and wondering about their house and lives is okay to do. They are using their public persona to make money, so they give up a measure of their privacy for that.

I know I worked my career as an environmental chemist until I was 30 and went back to grad school for a PhD. I left that early with a MS to help my handicapped parents and am now hopefully about a year from my PhD, much later than I had hoped. It let me to my passion of teaching, which I will hopefully get to do from now on.

I think Sean maybe working toward his career, but not showing us, and when he is ready he will. I am okay with that.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:18 am

livelife wrote:
IrishGal wrote:I just thought it was interesting because I had also wondered about the "new" Cat.  I deleted it so as not to offend you. I just looked at the website and it still describes th eplacemats as paper?

Thanks..

No offence taken.  I take the articles by "The Stir' with a grain of salt.  They always "imply" things about the couples and or individually (most recently JuanPa & Nikki).

For what it's worth, here's the description off the S&G Website:
Our placemats are printed on our Smooth paper. Smooth paper is coated and offers an excellent white allowing for vibrant color rendition. The weight of paper is 120# Cover/325 gsm. Contains 10% total recovered fiber recycled content and is FSC certified. A UV coating will be applied applied to the top side as a secondary step in the production process once printing is complete. The coating is applied as a thin layer on the surface of the printed piece. This liquid is then cured through exposure to high intensity UV light. During the process, the coating follows the contour of toners on the page so in areas of high toner density, there is a higher degree of shine. The UV coating also provides some protection to the placemat.

Well, this I know a little about having worked in publishing for more years than I would like to say. This description is a lot of fancy language for good quality paperback cover stock. The UV coating is standard these days and has been for at least 15- 20 years. The higher gloss where there is more ink is from the ink density, not the UV coating. That the UV coating provides protection is true but laughable if you are eating dinner on it. Think about eating your meal on your high quality (not mass market) paperback book. Maybe you could get a week out of it if you are careful and overlook the coffee stains.

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie