SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

humbled - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by atem Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:46 pm

chloep wrote:^^ Yes. Products are included. Also drinks and food. Smiley

Sounds like a good deal to me, if I was into that stuff. laugh out loud

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

humbled - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by atem Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Amberish wrote:I certainly know how to spend money :yes:, but would never shell out $60 only to see Catherine Giudici Lowe, for that's what this is about. If proceeds were going to some sort of charity, I might, but it would depend upon on the charity.

Is the Catherine brand marketable? No doubt she is creative, has a discerning eye, and certainly isn't shy about drawing attention to herself for we've seen plenty of selfies and pictures documenting, otherwise, private moments of her coming from her and Sean. It does, however, seem that she becomes somewhat less impressive the moment she opens her mouth and begins to speak. With that said, even if she flubs at ventures requiring celebrity-type popularity, IMO she'll be fine.

Of the two, the one that causes me pause is Sean. My impression is he's been floating since graduating from college and he did graduate, right? Anyway, IMO, his 20s should have been about buckling down and showing success at a career, regardless if he later decided to move on to something else and it doesn't appear he's done that.

I guess I really don't have much of a opinion on Sean or Catherine. I really don't follow them that much.

Seems they do as much social media as any of them when they are marketing things. You are constantly having to market your stuff, I guess. It's a love/hate relationship with me and social media. But, I really don't see them being any different than any of the others on social media.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Scooby wrote:
blessed66 wrote:I do not think every one needs a career after graduating, some people are born to be bosses so they can manage their investments.  Not everyone needs a 9-5 job.  Some people are born leaders.
Somehow I don't think that Sean is so enormously wealthy that all he has to do is manage investments. If he was that wealthy, his dad wouldn't own 1/3 of their home.

It was discussed that before going on the bachelorette Sean worked for his dad and before that Sean worked (not sure, maybe as his own boss) handling others' investments which he unfortunately lost. This may have effected his credit rating or maybe he declared bankruptcy. Either of these things could account for the need to have a co-signer on their mortgage even though they would have monies earned through Bach, DWTS, etc.
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by livelife Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Most all the bachelor/ette couples "promote" themselves and some type of product..(JP and Ashley, Des and Chris, Sean and Cat, Jason and Molly). You can't fault any of them to take the opportunities they are provided because this allows them to build for their future IMO. They will all promote something that are interesting for some and not others. I remember when Des and Chris were offering different promotions depending on how many poetry books someone bought. I wouldn't pay the amount they were charging to have dinner with them but some might. Same thing for Cat's launch party, as a fan I would buy a ticket if I lived in Alabama (I also love stationery) but many might not. Also, I would think S & G set the admission price not Catherine.

livelife
livelife

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:14 pm

I definitely expect there to be some marketing and freebies thrown at them. And I cringed when Des and Chris did that one promo too.  :shock: 

At times though, it does feel like Sean and Cat almost make a career out of it, all of the endless products and companies they link to at least weekly.

Still, I realize that's a pretty rare thing at their age, so they're just going with it while it lasts. I'm going 'must be nice!'  giggling

Last edited by bleuberry on Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:17 pm

livelife wrote:Most all the bachelor/ette couples "promote" themselves and some type of product..(JP and Ashley, Des and Chris, Sean and Cat, Jason and Molly).  You can't fault any of them to take the opportunities they are provided because this allows them to build for their future IMO.  They will all promote something that are interesting for some and not others.  I remember when Des and Chris were offering different promotions depending on how many poetry books someone bought.  I wouldn't pay the amount they were charging to have dinner with them but some might.  Same thing for Cat's launch party, as a fan I would buy a ticket if I lived in Alabama (I also love stationery) but many might not.  Also, I would think S & G set the admission  price not Catherine.

I don't fault any of them for getting what they can out of the show although some people do and that's okay. I don't always love what they do like Sean for Hydroxy Cut and some of the things Des & Chris did to help the poetry book (can't exactly remember what but something about getting emails if you did something). I'd go see someone at a Home & Garden show but that's about it. No $60 tickets for me either.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15498

Back to top Go down

Post by livelife Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:54 pm

bleuberry wrote:I definitely expect there to be some marketing and freebies thrown at them. And I cringed when Des and Chris did that one promo too.  :shock: 

At times though, it does feel like Sean and Cat almost make a career out of it, all of the endless products and companies they link to at least weekly.

Still, I realize that's a pretty rare thing at their age, so they're just going with it while it lasts. I'm going 'must be nice!'  giggling

Thanks blueberry.  

I honestly don't see the difference between Des marketing and linking to all the products on her website vs. Catherine linking to products on twitter or IG.  Catherine doesn't have her own website like Des or other bloggers like her.

Again all the power to her and all the other couples if they are able to generate income this way.  It is rare and I agree, it must be nice to receive an income this way.  Wish I could do it  giggling but alas... it's 8 to 10 hours of work a day for me to make what they probably receive (if not more) for sending out one tweet or link... sigh..
livelife
livelife

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:29 pm

livelife wrote:
Thanks blueberry.  

I honestly don't see the difference between Des marketing and linking to all the products on her website vs. Catherine linking to products on twitter or IG.  Catherine doesn't have her own website like Des or other bloggers like her.

Again all the power to her and all the other couples if they are able to generate income this way.  It is rare and I agree, it must be nice to receive an income this way.  Wish I could do it  giggling but alas... it's 8 to 10 hours of work a day for me to make what they probably receive (if not more) for sending out one tweet or link... sigh..

I agree with your post livelife. I've always thought that everyone should take advantage of any opportunities that come their way after coming off these shows. The difference IMO is some do it in a more desperate I want to be famous manner, and some are more professional about it. Sean/Cat Des/Chris Jillian, IMO are more professional about it. Jake OTOH was desperate.

Sean has had several different jobs as per his vid that didn't pan out or he didn't like. Being the Bachelor has probably given him a new direction on being business savy, while Cat is taking her talents to another level and using all the necessary tools to get there. Launch parties, teasers with her work etc, are all ways to get the message out there. The success will depend on the demand, as in any product. If it doesn't work out, they are young enough to try something else.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:34 pm

I was actually a bit excited when I saw Cat's new endeavor as I have a brand newly remodeled kitchen and am looking for things like placemats.  I looked and loved the "Dot" design as my kitchen is now white and black. But when I saw the price for the paper placemats I almost fainted!  $14 for a pack of 25 maybe...but for 4?  Not. They must be getting their marketing advice from People Water.  Didn't a case of that municipal water cost over $20? And people bought it!

Last edited by IrishGal on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by livelife Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:51 pm

IrishGal wrote:I ws actually a bit excited when I saw Cat's new endeavor as I have a brand newly remodeled kitchen and am looking for things like placemats.  I looked and loved the "Dot" design as my kitchen is now white and black. But when I saw the price for the paper placemats I almost fainted!  $14 for a pack of 25 maybe...but for 4?  Not.

Hi IrishGal,

I was curious so I looked at the S&G website and it looks like they are plastic placements not paper (although they started that way).  I thought that seemed extremely high too if it was paper placemats.

Just curious, why did you post The Stir link?  Those writers tend to have a love/hate relationship with the Bachelor couples (Sean/Cat and Des/Chris) and love to "stir the pot" on their relationships IMO.
livelife
livelife

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:53 pm

I just thought it was interesting because I had also wondered about the "new" Cat. I deleted it so as not to offend you. I just looked at the website and it still describes th eplacemats as paper?

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:56 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
livelife wrote:
Thanks blueberry.  

I agree with your post livelife. I've always thought that everyone should take advantage of any opportunities that come their way after coming off these shows. The difference IMO is some do it in a more desperate I want to be famous manner, and some are more professional about it. Sean/Cat Des/Chris Jillian, IMO are more professional about it. Jake OTOH was desperate.

Sean has had several different jobs as per his vid that didn't pan out or he didn't like. Being the Bachelor has probably given him a new direction on being business savy, while Cat is taking her talents to another level and using all the necessary tools to get there. Launch parties, teasers with her work etc, are all ways to get the message out there. The success will depend on the demand, as in any product. If it doesn't work out, they are young enough to try something else.

Agree with the bolded. I don't fault anyone for taking advantage of anything that comes their way with this show, they should make whatever they can. And, yes, some have gone about it more aggressively like Jake. But, this show will end and so will their popularity. So when they are in their 40's and 50's and starting to think of retirement, that money will likely be gone and what then? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but it would scare the beans out of me to have a spouse that had no "career". My kids are the same age, and I know what I hear from their friends that if someone really has no direction or hasn't figured it out yet, they steer clear. If what they are doing works for them, then more power to them. They seem like nice people and I wish them well. I'm just giving my opinion, which I realize doesn't count in their lives, but the job thing is something that would really bother me.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie