SELECT CONTENT

Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion

Page 36 of 61 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 48 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newhouse - Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion - Page 36 Empty Re: Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:19 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I don't know how many have slept with more than one.  I don't take Courtney's word that Ashley had sex with Ben.  Maybe they fooled around, but I don't know.  Des only had Chris, but if Brooks stuck around would that be different, I don't know.

To me the ones that have succeeded, Ashley, Des and Sean either were a little more selective or had an F1 confident enough to handle it all.

To me needing to sleep with more than F1 shows that you don't have a huge commitment to F1 at that point.

As others have pointed out. Ali and Ash both had to wait until the last date to get their ILY.  Andi used Josh not having committed to all in before Nick's FS, that she needed to make sure she had a backup plan, well sorry, but if you know who you want, then you don't need to sample the other goods.

I respected Charlie and Byron both for stating in advance that they weren't having sex in the FS.  It gave them a chance to know the women better and to not have the woman have to worry or think about the other women in that way.

This is all JMO.

I thought Jason saying what he did was incredibly disrespectful to all four women involved.  It insinuates that Kaitlyn and Whitney had sex with him and that Britt would and is just insulting to Becca.

There has been subtle virgin bashing all season and it disgusts me.  If a woman has the right to have sex when she wants to without criticism, then why shouldn't she be allowed to abstain without criticism.  The double standard is sad IMO.

I don't care for Jason or Molly, though I find her more likable than Jason.  He is a troll that got darn lucky that Graham wanted out and that Jeremy did something in the FS to tick off DeAnna.

Jason was the most fall back F2 ever, magically from F4 to F2 and bachelor because Graham refused to keep playing the game.

His snarky slightly nasty remarks make him a troll IMO.

Well, according to Jason, Graham left because he had a girlfriend back home. He didn't say it in a bashing way, just a matter-of-fact "I think everybody already knows" way, so I believe him.

And, Jason did talk about what he would have done if a contestant had told him she was a virgin. He said that he would have said "okay, great" and then moved on. He said he wouldn't have cared at all, so I don't think he was virgin bashing. I think he was more-so joking about the fact that Britt/Chris had a purely physical relationship.

And, I do believe Courtney about Ben/Ashley. Ben would have told her and I don't think Ben would be that confident about winning if they hadn't. And, Courtney was pretty good about separating speculation and fact. She said she wasn't sure if Emily had slept with Arie, but thought that she had based on a run-in with her. And, she wasn't sure if Ben cheated on her, but she thought he had. She mentioned a couple of sexual escapades that occurred with past leads on the show, but presented them as blind items, without saying names. The only ones that she definitively said were Ben/Nikki, Ben/Ashley, and Ben/Courtney so I tend to believe her. And, I think someone involved would have come out and said she lied if it wan't true. JMO!

Back to top Go down

Newhouse - Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion - Page 36 Empty Re: Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion

Post by StacyNor Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:25 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:I don't know how many have slept with more than one.  I don't take Courtney's word that Ashley had sex with Ben.  Maybe they fooled around, but I don't know.  Des only had Chris, but if Brooks stuck around would that be different, I don't know.

To me the ones that have succeeded, Ashley, Des and Sean either were a little more selective or had an F1 confident enough to handle it all.

To me needing to sleep with more than F1 shows that you don't have a huge commitment to F1 at that point.

As others have pointed out. Ali and Ash both had to wait until the last date to get their ILY.  Andi used Josh not having committed to all in before Nick's FS, that she needed to make sure she had a backup plan, well sorry, but if you know who you want, then you don't need to sample the other goods.

I respected Charlie and Byron both for stating in advance that they weren't having sex in the FS.  It gave them a chance to know the women better and to not have the woman have to worry or think about the other women in that way.

This is all JMO.

I thought Jason saying what he did was incredibly disrespectful to all four women involved.  It insinuates that Kaitlyn and Whitney had sex with him and that Britt would and is just insulting to Becca.

There has been subtle virgin bashing all season and it disgusts me.  If a woman has the right to have sex when she wants to without criticism, then why shouldn't she be allowed to abstain without criticism.  The double standard is sad IMO.

I don't care for Jason or Molly, though I find her more likable than Jason.  He is a troll that got darn lucky that Graham wanted out and that Jeremy did something in the FS to tick off DeAnna.

Jason was the most fall back F2 ever, magically from F4 to F2 and bachelor because Graham refused to keep playing the game.

His snarky slightly nasty remarks make him a troll IMO.

Well, according to Jason, Graham left because he had a girlfriend back home. He didn't say it in a bashing way, just a matter-of-fact "I think everybody already knows" way, so I believe him.

And, Jason did talk about what he would have done if a contestant had told him she was a virgin. He said that he would have said "okay, great" and then moved on. He said he wouldn't have cared at all, so I don't think he was virgin bashing. I think he was more-so joking about the fact that Britt/Chris had a purely physical relationship.

And, I do believe Courtney about Ben/Ashley. Ben would have told her and I don't think Ben would be that confident about winning if they hadn't. And, Courtney was pretty good about separating speculation and fact. She said she wasn't sure if Emily had slept with Arie, but thought that she had based on a run-in with her. And, she wasn't sure if Ben cheated on her, but she thought he had. She mentioned a couple of sexual escapades that occurred with past leads on the show, but presented them as blind items, without saying names. The only ones that she definitively said were Ben/Nikki, Ben/Ashley, and Ben/Courtney so I tend to believe her. And, I think someone involved would have come out and said she lied if it wan't true. JMO!
IA. I also read/have Courtney's book and she was sure when she said Ash and Ben it wasn't a speculation. I know most people don't like Cortney but in her book she was very honest about her past, relationships , ups and downs. I enjoyed reading that book.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:22 pm

stuckinsc wrote:This is why I dislike Jason so much, he is a nasty little troll. Of course the short moderately attractive insurance salesman had to have sex with all three in the FS, in real life women that hot want nothing to do with him. I still don't understand what Molly sees in him, but she does so good for him.

Compare him to Byron and Charlie, both men who had no problem getting hot women, they chose to use the FS to get to know the women not to live out their dreams of hot women not laughing at them.

Jason is so disgusting, I am not a huge Chris fan, but the man is attractive, I am sure that unlike Jason, he didn't need the FS to get 3 more knot he's on his personal bedpost.

Six or seven years later and Jason the troll is still living off this franchise. How sad.
Thank you very kindly for posting exactly what I've thought since this "single dad" first appeared on my tv screen.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Gosh, apparently I am in the minority but I like Jason and Molly just fine. I think that quite a few leads and contestants from this show take advantage of the opportunities that the show offers. From being on DWTS and contestants on BachPad or BIP to making public appearances, writing books, cookbooks, tell-alls and starting blogs/websites, etc. I don't understand why it's okay for some but not for Jason and MOlly.

As one of the few successful couples, TPTB keep bringing Jason and Molly back so why would they say no when they can make some money on the side? Neither Jason nor Molly is giving up day jobs for this. Shoot, Ashley and JP have been interviewed about their life and shared their baby pictures, which only happened because of the show. Graham Bunn, Sean Lowe and even Zak W who has his own blog on Desiree's site, for example are just a few more. Shoot, Amy Long said she and Drew Kenney would jump at chance to do BIP2 if they made it a different format. So LOTS of folks are cashing in on this show (or looking to) long after the cameras went away.

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:42 pm

StacyNor wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:

IA. I also read/have Courtney's book and she was sure when she said Ash and Ben it wasn't a speculation. I know most people don't like Cortney but in her book she was very honest about her past, relationships , ups and downs.  I enjoyed reading that book.

Good points! I didn't listen to the podcast so can't comment on what Jason said. But, as I have posted in other threads, I would think it would come as a surprise for any 33 year old man who has enjoyed a healthy sex life for 16+ years (I am GUESSING based on below statistic!!) to be taking a 26 year old virgin to the fantasy suite. That's NOT virgin bashing. That's reality and, frankly, game changing for many men and women.

Catherine knew going into the Bachelor production what getting into a relationship with Sean Lowe would entail. Chris had to reset expectations about Becca while being filmed and realize that her way of life would be something that went beyond the Fantasy Suite night to a lifestyle choice that would take them into the real world. Her being a virgin also may have revealed to him ... IMHO ... that Becca could be a bit more committed to her Christian faith than he might be and that too could open up another discussion angle. All IMO, of course.

Source: http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/03/on-late-in-life-virginity-loss/284412/

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the average age Americans lose their virginities (defined here as vaginal sexual intercourse) is 17.1 for both men and women. The CDC also reports that virgins make up 12.3 percent of females and 14.3 percent of males aged 20 to 24. That number drops below 5 percent for both male and female virgins aged 25 to 29.

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:02 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:Gosh, apparently I am in the minority but I like Jason and Molly just fine. I think that quite a few leads and contestants from this show take advantage of the opportunities that the show offers. From being on DWTS and contestants on BachPad or BIP to making public appearances, writing books, cookbooks, tell-alls and starting blogs/websites, etc. I don't understand why it's okay for some but not for Jason and MOlly.

As one of the few successful couples, TPTB keep bringing Jason and Molly back so why would they say no when they can make some money on the side? Neither Jason nor Molly is giving up day jobs for this. Shoot, Ashley and JP have been interviewed about their life and shared their baby pictures, which only happened because of the show. Graham Bunn, Sean Lowe and even Zak W who has his own blog on Desiree's site, for example are just a few more.  Shoot, Amy Long said she and Drew Kenney would jump at chance to do BIP2 if they made it a different format. So LOTS of folks are cashing in on this show (or looking to) long after the cameras went away.

IMO they keep bringing them back because they've (TPTB) benefitted from the Molly/Melissa switcheroo and the drama and publicity that ensued :yes:

I have no issues with them 'milking' it because pretty much everyone does nowadays.

Last edited by bleuberry on Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Newhouse - Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion - Page 36 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:03 pm

IA MVMom - I don't dislike Jason/Molly at all. I give them credit for everything they went through and recently celebrated their 5th year wedding anniversary.

I just didn't like his comment, and maybe not hearing it on the podcast takes away the from the joke he was trying to make.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyNor Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:05 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:IA MVMom - I don't dislike Jason/Molly at all. I give them credit for everything they went through and recently celebrated their 5th year wedding anniversary.

I just didn't like his comment, and maybe not hearing it on the podcast takes away the from the joke he was trying to make.
My thoughts exactly, GA.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:13 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:Gosh, apparently I am in the minority but I like Jason and Molly just fine. I think that quite a few leads and contestants from this show take advantage of the opportunities that the show offers. From being on DWTS and contestants on BachPad or BIP to making public appearances, writing books, cookbooks, tell-alls and starting blogs/websites, etc. I don't understand why it's okay for some but not for Jason and MOlly.

As one of the few successful couples, TPTB keep bringing Jason and Molly back so why would they say no when they can make some money on the side? Neither Jason nor Molly is giving up day jobs for this. Shoot, Ashley and JP have been interviewed about their life and shared their baby pictures, which only happened because of the show. Graham Bunn, Sean Lowe and even Zak W who has his own blog on Desiree's site, for example are just a few more.  Shoot, Amy Long said she and Drew Kenney would jump at chance to do BIP2 if they made it a different format. So LOTS of folks are cashing in on this show (or looking to) long after the cameras went away.

First...I have to quibble about Jason and Molly being a successful couple from the franchise. This is just one of those things that I have a pet peeve about. I know they got a televised wedding and all...and I watched...but, to me they are not a true success story. Yes, they met on the show and married, but she was not the woman he originally picked. Trista/Ryan, Ashley/JP, Sean/Cat and Des/Chris...they are successful couples...the F1 person picked and married by the lead. Not the F2 person picked after the F1 person picked didn't work out. Sorry, just had to get that out. :soapbox :hidingchair

Second...personally I don't have an issue with people making money from this franchise. After what many of them are put through, I figure WTH? My point though, with Jason and the other contestants who were on many years ago and who keep milking the Bachelor...Chris B, MM, Jaclyn, Graham, Erica Rose...is that after a point it just starts looking a little sad and seems to me a desperate attempt to stay relevant. JMO but, WTH do I know? I guess if producers keep inviting them, why wouldn't they go. no idea

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:16 pm

I'm just glad Jesse Csinsak (sp?) has moved on. laugh out loud

Newhouse - Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion - Page 36 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:31 pm

bleuberry wrote:I'm just glad Jesse Csinsak (sp?) has moved on. laugh out loud

I agree completely, but he and Jason were on the same original season, so if Jesse can move on, how sad is it that Jason hasn't.

I won't discuss Chris here anymore. Maybe a 26 year old being a virgin is not the norm, but it isn't a sexually transmitted disease or something and if a man can't wait a little while then he should move on. Should have dumped her after that.

My friends who married as virgins in their mid to late 20s had wonderful men who loved them and didn't mind. And yes all three of the men were not virgins. To them the women they loved were worth waiting for. Maybe Chris is that man and maybe he isn't.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:40 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I'm just glad Jesse Csinsak (sp?) has moved on. laugh out loud

I agree completely, but he and Jason were on the same original season, so if Jesse can move on, how sad is it that Jason hasn't.

I won't discuss Chris here anymore.  Maybe a 26 year old being a virgin is not the norm, but it isn't a sexually transmitted disease or something and if a man can't wait a little while then he should move on.  Should have dumped her after that.

My friends who married as virgins in their mid to late 20s had wonderful men who loved them and didn't mind.  And yes all three of the men were not virgins.  To them the women they loved were worth waiting for.  Maybe Chris is that man and maybe he isn't.
Honestly, if Chris did infact have sex with Kaithlyn and Whitney I hope Becca is F2. To end up with a man who could not keep it in his pants for another week or 2 will be sad. She deserves so much better.
I have zero respect for any Lead who has sex with more than 1 person on the show. It is seriously gross IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 61 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 48 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Jason & Molly Mesnick - Bachelor 13 - Discussion

+122
LaineyG
Jolena
HavaDrPepper
casjacknick
ddsmom17