SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Page 38 of 45 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 41 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Buckeye_Fan wrote:This thread doesn't get much attention, but it seemed to be the most appropriate to put what came to my mind.  

First of all, I don't really have a horse in this race.  I like all 3 guys for different reasons, and I hope Des chose the one who is best for her in all ways.  And I think just about any of the 3 could be the F1, although I have to give the edge to Brooks, but only because of the consistent spoilers.  IMO, the editing could go many ways.

People have said that it would be beyond belief that Drew or Chris would be a genuine F1 choice after hearing Des proclaiming her love for Brooks.  Now, we never heard Sean say AshLee was his favorite at any time, but the rumor is that she was.  And Catherine seemed to be very close to being cut right after the HTDs (which is where we are right now in Des' season - right after the HTDs).  So at this very time, during Sean's season, it would appear to most that Catherine would be next to go, unless something major dawned on him during the FDs.  At the very least, surely she would not be F1!  And yet she was, and I don't remember any big uproar of people claiming she was a default F1.

I do realize that there has to be some reason why we're getting to see Des proclaim her love for Brooks.  I'm guessing Sean was gushing about AshLee at some point, but they didn't show us that.  We don't know how strong his feelings for her were.  However, I can imagine that after next week's show, when whatever fallout occurs with Brooks, and in whatever degree, Des could end up saying that it opened her eyes to realize what a catch she had in Drew or Chris, and what a fool she had been for putting all her eggs in Brooks' basket.  Just playing Devil's advocate.  Again, I can see this going in so many different directions.

I like your post and think you bring up some very valid and logical points. Thanks.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by BarbB222 Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:04 pm

You are talking about editing but you discount that RS and Love knew no matter what editing said, Cat was going to be the F1. Could it not stand true this season again ? This time we have a minimal of 4 sources all saying Brooks. 3 say they trust their sources 100% and I'm not talking about RS.
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:20 pm

I keep referring back to what Des said about what she wanted not necessarily being what she needed (my paraphrase). We all know that she wanted Brooks from the get go, so her statement doesn't make sense in some ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:27 pm

2boys3girls wrote:I keep referring back to what Des said about what she wanted not necessarily being what she needed (my paraphrase). We all know that she wanted Brooks from the get go, so her statement doesn't make sense in some ways.

That, plus a few other things that seem to foreshadow her choosing someone who doesn't leave her, keeps me floating in limbo land. I can't get completely on board with any one of them at this point. Darned MF has done a good job this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:34 pm

But how do you account for this statement after the show? The only one whose made references about " getting each other" is Brooks and Des.

What were you looking for in your last man standing?
My best friend. Someone who's going to be spontaneous and adventurous while still being very supportive and caring and who ultimately understands me.
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:44 pm

atem wrote:Now, why put up a pic of Chris down on one knee and then don't even mention him in this blog that Robert Mills recommended?   scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's a Grantland blog owned by ESPN...I don't think it means anything. If fact, Juliet called Brooks the LeBron James of the season...she thinks he wins handsdown.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:48 pm

Buckeye_Fan wrote:This thread doesn't get much attention, but it seemed to be the most appropriate to put what came to my mind.  

First of all, I don't really have a horse in this race.  I like all 3 guys for different reasons, and I hope Des chose the one who is best for her in all ways.  And I think just about any of the 3 could be the F1, although I have to give the edge to Brooks, but only because of the consistent spoilers.  IMO, the editing could go many ways.

People have said that it would be beyond belief that Drew or Chris would be a genuine F1 choice after hearing Des proclaiming her love for Brooks.  Now, we never heard Sean say AshLee was his favorite at any time, but the rumor is that she was.  And Catherine seemed to be very close to being cut right after the HTDs (which is where we are right now in Des' season - right after the HTDs).  So at this very time, during Sean's season, it would appear to most that Catherine would be next to go, unless something major dawned on him during the FDs.  At the very least, surely she would not be F1!  And yet she was, and I don't remember any big uproar of people claiming she was a default F1.

I do realize that there has to be some reason why we're getting to see Des proclaim her love for Brooks.  I'm guessing Sean was gushing about AshLee at some point, but they didn't show us that.  We don't know how strong his feelings for her were.  However, I can imagine that after next week's show, when whatever fallout occurs with Brooks, and in whatever degree, Des could end up saying that it opened her eyes to realize what a catch she had in Drew or Chris, and what a fool she had been for putting all her eggs in Brooks' basket.  Just playing Devil's advocate.  Again, I can see this going in so many different directions.

I agree, all good points but as far as the Sean comparisons go we never really heard anything from him beyond "I'm crazy about you" to multiple girls. That's a FAR cry from "I'm in love with Brooks" and "I want a proposal with Brooks".
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:52 pm

BarbB222 wrote:But how do you account for this statement after the show? The only one whose made references about " getting each other" is Brooks and Des.

My best friend. Someone who's going to be spontaneous and adventurous while still being very supportive and caring and who ultimately understands me.

I know that seems to point to Brooks, but it might not after we see the finale episodes. I'm not coming at this from the position of hoping to prove it's Chris or Drew. I really want it to be Brooks because I think that is the most straightforward love story that would be the fairy tale based on what they've shown us. We know the previews are diced and spliced just to keep us wondering, and probably just to cast doubt on what was a 'slam dunk from the beginning' season. But then, I've got to look at those little things too that raise a question because I really don't want to be blind-sided. Figuring out the 'whole truth and nothing but the truth' is what keeps me questioning any little thing that doesn't add up. Like I said earlier, MF has done a good job this season of mucking up the waters.

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:55 pm

BarbB222 wrote:But how do you account for this statement after the show? The only one whose made references about " getting each other" is Brooks and Des.

Sean said something similar about his f1 that he said about Lindsay in the LCD yet we know he was talking about Cat in the interview.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15498

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:01 pm

albean99 wrote:

Sean said something similar about his f1 that he said about Lindsay in the LCD yet we know he was talking about Cat in the interview.

Makes sense that the Bach PR would use Des' words 'against her' to describe whoever she picks, Brooks or otherwise and keep us guessing. I mean honestly, it seems like those words could apply to any of the F3.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by b Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:29 pm

SueSt wrote:
albean99 wrote:

Makes sense that the Bach PR would use Des' words 'against her' to describe whoever she picks, Brooks or otherwise and keep us guessing.  I mean honestly, it seems like those words could apply to any of the F3.

I agree...her adjectives could describe any of the 3.  As far as Chris goes, she has used adventurous, supportive, and caring. She's used spontaneous w Brooks (and maybe Drew if I rem correctly and caring for Drew).   She has said she's herself w Brooks so they may go along w ultimately understands me. As far as best friend, that may apply to any of them.

b

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:02 pm

The clue to the season's outcome really is the conflict. In other seasons, the F1 starts having some type of conflict around episode 6 or 7 that builds over the final episodes until it's resolved in the finale. Brooks' conflict is apparent to us all: he's behind in his feelings for Des. At times, like on the mountain in Madeira when he turned her question about the relationship working into a resolute "it is working" and his comments during the HTD, I don't think that Brooks was behind. Sometimes, I think they spun this drama for its own sake.

The conversations with Brooks' family at HTD could be interpreted in a different way. During Des' chat with his mom, his mom makes a point to say that Brooks would be ready if he found the right girl. During Brooks' conversation with his mom, he said that the journey has brought him into deeper touch with himself and knowing what he wants. The questions posed by his brothers need to be answered, but what if the answer is Brooks' departure? What if during the time away from her as he waits for a FSD, he realizes that he isn't where he needs to be with Des in order to propose? The things he's saying to her sound like he's eliminating himself. Brooks could come back, which would resolve his conflict even if Des doesn't choose him.

Des' conflict is loving "the wrong guys". She loves guys who don't love her back as much as she loves them. All season long, Des was shown to be more into guys than they were into her (even if she wasn't). First was Bryden, then was James who was only there, per the show, to be the Bachelor. When these guys left, she had interesting reactions: with Bryden, she showed no emotion to his face but she cried in a PI saying she wanted to get back to Chris to be happy again. In a VO, she said that she worried that other guys with whom she would want a relationship might bail on her (that's a paraphrase). With James, she's angry, but when she listens to him speak his piece, it softens her to the point of her own distress at letting him go. For the Men Tell All they are emphasizing that Des has a lot of "bad boys".

For her to resolve this conflict, Des needs to choose a man who loves her as much as she loves him. Is Brooks the guy who "stays by [her] side"? If he leaves and returns, is her love for him big enough to trust him again? [I think that Des will take him back.] OR does she move on to one of the men who does love her? Add to that the fact that Drew and Chris will deal with the aftermath of Brooks' departure. If she's a mess, then it really wouldn't help either of them feel like they'd have a stable future if she's in love with someone else.

What a mess, but episodes 10 and 11 should be fun to watch!
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 45 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 41 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

+68
Luvstruck
Rolly
agentcurls
jojo47
iamreal2u